Among the numerous disagreeable ways in which fishes are able to inflict pain and suffering on humans, from the sting of a Corydoras spine to the bite of a white shark, there exists one of which the mere notion has been causing eyes to water for over two hundred years. The legendary catfish known by the names candiru […]
- New species appears closely related to red eye tetra, 487 days ago
- New pike cichlid from the rio Xingu, 508 days ago
- Video - Save the Blue Heart of Europe, 510 days ago
- New Geophagus has unique colour pattern, 780 days ago
- Cry for Help for Migratory Fish from New Zealand to Hawaii, 993 days ago
90cm? All other sources (including fishbase) say 30cm
13th Feb 2017
a noble attempt to save a species
24th Dec 2016
I am very interested in breeding this species because they are so beautiful and the wild caught fish that are imported do very poorly. In my experien...
16th Dec 2016
Hi, I have Myleus schomburgkii in a 10.000 liters tank together with Cichla kelberi, Stingray (black diamond), Panaque schaeferi, Osteoglossum and ...
5th Dec 2016
This is likely found in South vietnam: I bought a batch of boraras urophtalmoides, caught in the Mekong delta, and sold in Saigon as live food. The...
18th Oct 2016
- Yunnanilus sp.rosy OR Petruichthys brevis BigTom - 2 weeks ago
- Eastern Newts - Notophthalmus viridescens Thomas - 2 months ago
- Sewellia marmorata torso - 2 months ago
- Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters - New Volumes for 2016 joyban - 3 months ago
- Normans Lampeye Secundino - 3 months ago