Edited by Hans-Georg Evers, the magazine ‘Amazonas’ has been widely-regarded as among the finest regular publications in the hobby since its launch in 2005, an impressive achievment considering it’s only been published in German to date. The long-awaited English version is just about to launch, and we think a subscription should be top of any […]
- Site improvements, 4 days ago
- New species appears closely related to red eye tetra, 521 days ago
- New pike cichlid from the rio Xingu, 542 days ago
- Video - Save the Blue Heart of Europe, 543 days ago
- New Geophagus has unique colour pattern, 814 days ago
I think the second photos is one in breeding condition. My females always flush darker like that when caring for eggs or young fry.
20th Mar 2017
90cm? All other sources (including fishbase) say 30cm
13th Feb 2017
a noble attempt to save a species
24th Dec 2016
I am very interested in breeding this species because they are so beautiful and the wild caught fish that are imported do very poorly. In my experien...
16th Dec 2016
Hi, I have Myleus schomburgkii in a 10.000 liters tank together with Cichla kelberi, Stingray (black diamond), Panaque schaeferi, Osteoglossum and ...
5th Dec 2016