PROFILESEARCH

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Betta Krataios Tan Ng,2006
June 7, 2008
4:02 am
Haji Badaruddin
Veteran
Forum Posts: 203
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Got this about two weeks ago ......... Regarded as one of the newly described wild betta.It belongs to the dimidiata group and this one is collected from Sanggau,West Kalimantan,Indonesia.

IMG_0737male1sign.jpgImage Enlarger

A male in slumber mode.

IMG_0736female1sign.jpgImage Enlarger

A female

IMG_0740male2sign.jpgImage Enlarger

Kept in pH of 6.4

IMG_0749male5sign.jpgImage Enlarger

Sorry photo a bit out of focus ...... but i like this pose

IMG_0083malekratoisstickinginheadfo.jpgImage Enlarger

This wild has the habit of sticking its head inside the rockwork.Hunting for food i guess ... They are fed with dry food,earthworms and live mosquito larvae.

June 7, 2008
7:48 am
Malti
Community Helper
Forum Posts: 1099

how i wish they were wild in my country...

thanks for sharing /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

are they bubble nesters?

June 7, 2008
10:40 am
dunc
Admin
Forum Posts: 1323

Haji those photographs are superb /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> What a stunning specimen. I know Matt will want be drooling when he gets back on a PC /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

June 8, 2008
2:15 am
Matt
Málaga, Spain
Admin
Forum Posts: 8239

Ohhh yes!! I reckon there are a few here who will enjoy those pictures though. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Does the patterning tend to vary much between localities Haji?

Ps - I took the liberty of correcting the spelling of the thread title. Hope that's ok. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cake or death?
June 8, 2008
2:26 am
Haji Badaruddin
Veteran

Hi guys,

Thanks ..... i was not able to get a decent pose from this fish yet ..... i have moved them twice since i got them.The male krataios in the pic is fairly agitated as there's a brooding pallifina in the next tank ..... This is my first krataios .....so Matt,i would not be able to answer your question yet.I got this krataios and mandor about 2 weeks back.BTW I have another "interesting" species on the way from another friend now.

Thanks for pointing out the spelling error /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

June 8, 2008
2:32 am
Matt
Málaga, Spain
Admin

Any clues Haji? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":p" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Cake or death?
June 8, 2008
2:39 am
Haji Badaruddin
Veteran

I have seen differences from the enisaes that i have compared from others based on localities.But i have not seen the krataios collected from other regions yet.The krataios that i have now is sub adult form.This afternoon i will move them again to another tank for observation and photography. /thumbs_up.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbs_up.gif" /> I have seen the other photos of the krataios ..... they look the same as mine.

June 8, 2008
2:47 am
Matt
Málaga, Spain
Admin

Ah no I wasn't referring to the krataios. I understood you in your first post. I meant clues as to the identity of your next "interesting species" Haji. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cake or death?
June 8, 2008
8:13 am
Haji Badaruddin
Veteran

Hi Matt,

We'll wait for its arrival first ...... Should be by this week ..... I hope!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

June 9, 2008
3:13 am
keith565
Veteran
Forum Posts: 761

these are a very nice bettas, i've not managed to spawn mine yet as they were very young when i got them back of last year but i'm hoping for some activity. i'm not sure about the area mine are from, but will ask the breeder.
i find them to be very peaceful.
Malti, these are a mouthbrooding betta.

June 9, 2008
2:02 pm
Haji Badaruddin
Veteran

Hi Keith,

The krataios ..... just like the dimidiata ... belong to the same group ie dimidiata group ...... Mine is about 5cm TL.Been longing for these since last year ....... They are collected from West Kalimantan ie Pontianak,Sanggau and Mandor. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

June 10, 2008
3:26 pm
Matt
Málaga, Spain
Admin

I think dimidiata is one of the Betta species I´d most like to keep. The finnage on the adult males I´ve seen was just superb! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Cake or death?
October 26, 2008
9:42 am
hachge
Forum Posts: 138

I have a trio of something like 10 months old and they have not yet started to breed,I wonder at what age they will start as most of my Bettas mouthbrooder or bubblenester start around 6 months old.

October 27, 2008
9:03 am
Haji Badaruddin
Veteran

QUOTE (Matt @ Jun 8 2008, 11:15 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any clues Haji? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":p" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I m trying to bring in compuncta

QUOTE (Matt @ Jun 11 2008, 12:09 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think dimidiata is one of the Betta species I´d most like to keep. The finnage on the adult males I´ve seen was just superb! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Have not seen any collection on dimidiata for a quite a while now /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ........... Have you guys seen the finnage of the lehis ....... equally attractive as well.The fry as young as 3 weeks developed the elongated finnage.

QUOTE (hachge @ Oct 26 2008, 06:25 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a trio of something like 10 months old and they have not yet started to breed,I wonder at what age they will start as most of my Bettas mouthbrooder or bubblenester start around 6 months old.

Hi Hachge,

They should be breedable by 8 mths.Maybe more conditioning would help /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

November 18, 2008
5:54 pm
Amy
Forum Posts: 60

aww those are really pretty /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

November 20, 2008
1:35 pm
caveman
Forum Posts: 3

QUOTE (Haji Badaruddin @ Oct 27 2008, 04:46 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
I m trying to bring in compuncta

OMG! Looking forward to see this mysterious species, Haji.

Forum Timezone: Europe/Paris

Most Users Ever Online: 246

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Devices in use: Desktop (1)

Top Posters:

Stefan: 1567

Plaamoo: 1253

mikev: 1134

Malti: 1099

Mark Duffill: 1012

Member Stats: