PROFILESEARCH

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Aqua 20(1)
January 23, 2014
9:03 pm
Matt
Málaga, Spain
Admin
Forum Posts: 8239
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Abstracts

Freshwater papers are:

Hypsolebias shibattai, a new species of annual fish (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae) from the rio São Francisco basin, northeastern Brazil.

Hypsolebias shibattai n. sp. is described from a temporary pool located in the rio São Francisco basin, state of Bahia, Brazil. Hypsolebias shibattai belongs to the H. magnificus species-group. This new species differs from all other species of Hypsolebias by having a unique color pattern in the males: a golden-yellow coloration on the head, opercular region and body up to the beginning of the dorsal fin (vs. absence of golden-yellow color on anterior portion of body).

Melanotaenia flavipinnis, a new species of Rainbowfish (Melanotaeniidae) from Misool Island, West Papua Province, Indonesia.

A new species of melanotaeniid rainbowfish, Melanotaenia flavipinnis, is described from Misool Island in the Birds Head region of western New Guinea (West Papua Province, Indonesia). The new taxon is described from 20 specimens, 38.5-77.2 mm SL, collected from two creeks on southeastern Misool. It is the second rainbowfish known from this island, which lies about 67 km south of the New Guinea mainland. It is distinguished from congeners, and especially from M. misoolensis, by a combination of features that include a distinctive colour pattern with yellow dorsal, anal, and pelvic fins, usually 18-19 rakers on the first gill arch, 11-16 cheek scales, 12-13 circumpeduncular scales, first dorsal fin situated well behind anal fin origin, presence of both vomerine and palatine teeth, conspicuously rounded anal fin with relatively elongate rays on the anterior half, and relatively slender body in both sexes (greatest depth usually less than 35% SL).

Description of a new annual fish, Papiliolebias ashleyae (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae) from the upper Rio Mamoré basin, Bolivia.

Papiliolebias ashleyae n. sp. is described from Bolivia, departamento de Santa Cruz, Rio San Pablo, upper Mamoré basin. Papiliolebias ashleyae n. sp. is distinguished from other Papiliolebias species by a combination of characters: male overall color pattern of body, caudal- and pelvic-fins brownish red (vs. dark blue); transverse brownish red bars in dorsal and anal fins located between black and white bar at base of dorsal and anal fins and blue area in distal part of dorsal and anal fins (vs. absence of red-brown stripe on the remaining species of the genus, where the color of dorsal and anal fins is blue with a black stripe and white spots at the base of the fins); dorsal-fin origin at vertical through base of anal fin rays 9th-10th (vs. dorsal fin origin at vertical through base of anal fin rays 7th-8th in P. bitteri and 6th-9th in P. hatinne) and pelvic fins separated by small interspace of 4 mm (vs. not separated).

Cake or death?
January 24, 2014
3:07 pm
nuchal man
Forum Posts: 137

I can get these for anyone interested in a month or so. I have access to aqua but for some reason access is embargoed a month or two before my university can get it.

January 25, 2014
3:22 am
Plaamoo
Bellingham, Washington U.S.A.
Community Helper
Forum Posts: 1253

I'd like the melanotaenia paper when you get it please. Thank you!

April 14, 2014
8:47 pm
nuchal man
Forum Posts: 137

It's no longer embargoed. I can send copies to those that want it if you PM me your email.

April 15, 2014
4:57 pm
Matt
Málaga, Spain
Admin
Forum Posts: 8239

Yes please Sam!

Cake or death?
Forum Timezone: Europe/Paris

Most Users Ever Online: 246

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Devices in use: Desktop (1)

Top Posters:

Stefan: 1567

Plaamoo: 1253

mikev: 1134

Malti: 1099

Mark Duffill: 1012

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 30280

Moderators: 0

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 10

Topics: 4595

Newest Members: cassman66, crabhappy, StygianSteel, marcelmueller, foreverlearning

Administrators: dunc: 1323, Matt: 8239