PROFILESEARCH

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Request:parenti, L. 2008 A Phylogenentic Analysis And Taxonomic Revision Of Ricefishes, Oryzias And Relatives (beloniformes, Adrianichthyidae). Zool.
September 29, 2011
11:53 am
coelacanth
Veteran
Forum Posts: 514
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

As in title. Thought I had this but can't find it, anyone got a digital copy?
Parenti, L. 2008 A phylogenentic analysis and taxonomic revision of ricefishes, Oryzias and relatives (Beloniformes, Adrianichthyidae). Zool. J. Linn. Soc. 154(3):494-610.

S'OK now, found it online...

September 29, 2011
12:20 pm
Matt
Málaga, Spain
Admin
Forum Posts: 8239

The 2009 taxonomical review is also available here.

Cake or death?
September 29, 2011
4:42 pm
coelacanth
Veteran
Forum Posts: 514

QUOTE (Matt @ Sep 29 2011, 01:03 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 2009 taxonomical review is also available here.

I've had a look at this paper and I'm really not sure what the purpose of it is, the conclusion seem to be that the small species have features of, erm, small species, and the large species show the reverse, it's then inferred (if I'm reading it correctly) that this indicates relationships, in conflict with the suggested relationships in the Parenti paper (and actually clashes with what I'd have said as a layman who happens to be familiar with some of these species in aquaria). It ends with "However, meristic characters of species within the genus Oryzias tend not to vary directly in response to environmental factors and so, along with the morphological differences observed in these six species reported here, this would suggest that they represent distinct species. To confirm the proposed distinct species nature for these six species, however, requires more detailed ecological studies and assessment of the levels of intraspecific variation." which to me is like saying "we think these six species may be six species".

September 30, 2011
7:52 am
Matt
Málaga, Spain
Admin
Forum Posts: 8239

Yep, and the spelling and grammar is woeful throughout too. O. 'cellebensis' anyone? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

It's also supposed to cover the species from Thailand, Japan and Indonesia yet several aren't mentioned.

Cake or death?
Forum Timezone: Europe/Paris

Most Users Ever Online: 246

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Devices in use: Desktop (1)

Top Posters:

Stefan: 1567

Plaamoo: 1257

mikev: 1134