LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

125l/33usg/27.5ukg Tank

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes 125l/33usg/27.5ukg Tank

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Malti 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Malti
    Participant

So today i bought this 125L tank (those who use Gallons its either 33 US or 27.5 UK). And I’m thinking of putting in it my “rescues” that is some

10 guppies- 3m,7f
    6 mollies -2 males, (and 4 females to purchase)
    1 pair of golden gouramis
    1 tetra not IDed yet (will buy couple more or atleast 1 more) (and post pics later)
    and maybe a couple of small IAE

do you think its good – spacewise ?

Also there will be a fantail with them, I know she’s coldwater, but I don’t have any extra tanks for 1 fish.

Eyrie
    Participant

I’d leave out the female mollies – you’ll get enough fry from the guppies. Also a 125L may be a little on the small side for golden gouramis as well. Finally the fantail will take up a fair bit of stocking room once it grows which is another argument against more mollies.

Malti
    Participant

but won’t the males be a bit of a pain to others? as they won’t have anyone to pester?

thelizzious

QUOTE (Malti @ Dec 1 2008, 01:19 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    but won’t the males be a bit of a pain to others? as they won’t have anyone to pester?

That was also my fear, Malti. With everything going on in my small (60l.) tank. Remember the mysteriously disappearing of my zebra-danio’s? There were two left and both are male. They have a nice long chase as eachother through the tank, from time till time, but they don’t harm eachother. Same goes for the endler-guppie males. After taking out the two females and their fry they live like bachelor boys in harmony. Case is that once there are no females anywhere (of their own kind) they stop pestering and leave all other fish in peace. I am still trying to do the same with my platys, but they still get those fits when I want to catch them. It’s either the boys or the girls alone.

Eyrie
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Dec 1 2008, 12:19 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wouldn’t have thought this would be an issue without any females present to excite them. Providing the tank is reasonable planted then the two of them can stay out of each other’s way.

Malti
    Participant

and also the fact that its going to be heavily planted…and fry have to fend for themselves…

Malti
    Participant

ok so the tally at the moment is

15 cory paleatus and 1 bronze
    3 IAE
    1 harlequin tetra,
    1 unknown tetra (?looks like black widow )
    1 goldy fantail (temporary)
    1 pair of colisia lalia
    1 pair of Trichogaster trichopterus
    1 harlequin tetra
    2 m guppies and 4 fem guppies (gave away 4

Eyrie
    Participant

Karlos, is there any room left for water?

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Dec 2 2008, 10:56 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Karlos, is there any room left for water? /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” />

actually looks empty for now – although bottomwise its abit more dense. and about water changes was thinking on those lines…

I’ll post pics of unided fish in a moment…although one looks like a black widow juvie

Matt
    Keymaster

I agree with Mark Karlos; you’re a bit heavily-stocked but if you keep on top of water changes and rehome the goldfish you should be ok.

Malti
    Participant

will try to rehome it….but no one seems to want the little pig

Eyrie
    Participant

Sounds like the perfect excuse for another tank to me

Malti
    Participant

sure its a perfect excuse…got 2 6 1/2 and 1 4 1/2 ft tanks just empty…..

only drawback – the electricity bills, and as I ain’t working can’t pay part of them myself :S

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.