LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

2.5 gallon shrimp???

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters 2.5 gallon shrimp???

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Barb Man 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Barb Man
    Participant

So I have a 2.5 gallon tank that is cycled with a large canister and is semi planted with three or four ramshorn snails. i was wondering what kind of shrimp I could keep. The water is soft with almost no metals (rainwater) and neutral. I have kept cherries but they got eaten and I want something. The cherries got eaten when they were in the thirty with a bass. Not sure if anything would even fit in here because it is so small and the bioload is too but I’m thinking the big filter and plants could help buffer out those problems. Any ideas are welcome. The plants are a little duckweed dwarf water lettuce a lucky bamboo (not sure what species) and Brazilian elodea. If any changes should be made to accommodate the plants that would be helpful too. Smallest tank I’ve ever had and I didn’t really want to keep anything in it long term besides invertebrates 

george
    Participant

You could try this site, if you don’t know it yet: http://www.planetinverts.com

Check out the Rili shrimp.

Shrimp moult quite often. The water they are kept in should provide them with enough minerals to rebuild a carapace each time. What are your water parameters?

Barb Man
    Participant

Not sure the exact numbers just sure that it is not very hard. And neutral

Barb Man
    Participant

73 ppm is what I found out. I added some Epsom salt as a site said it worked and hoping the plants don’t all die. I’m not really sure if the Epsom salt was a good idea so I put like two pinches in is all

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.