LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Home Forums The Lounge

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  JazzBora150 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

JazzBora150
    Participant

ill be really honest here

i get the feeling i dont belong in this forum because i dont know anything
    about this section of fish keeping
    i feel real awkward because of the fact i know very little if really nothing at all
    and feel that i will back off untill i know a hell of a lot more than i do now
    ive been overwhelmed by the knowlegde of everyone ive chatted to
    and appreciate all their comments but untill ive learnt enough ill be invisible
    i wont delete my account nor wish you to do also

im just not ready

im not going to do anything more to my tank untill i fully understand this setion of fishkeeping

many thanks to you all

martin

Mark Duffill
    Participant

The best way to learn is to get involved, there are some very knowledgable people on this forum but they were all beginners once aswell /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Sorry you feel that way Martin. I feel the same when talking to some of the members here but like Mark says the best way to learn is ask plenty of questions and get involved.

keith565
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jan 8 2011, 10:53 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Sorry you feel that way Martin. I feel the same when talking to some of the members here but like Mark says the best way to learn is ask plenty of questions and get involved.

i agree with the guys. no matter how much we know, we will never know enough. keep asking.

Plaamoo
    Participant

Agree with all the previous comments. Don’t stop now Martin! I’m also a newby and way out of my league with most of the members here. I know just enough to know that this is the most knowledgeable bunch around and where I come first with questions.
    I’ve been keeping fish since I was 8 or 9 but didn’t get serious until about 4 yrs ago. I bought a 5 gallon tank at a yard sale for $2. and went out and bought 2 goldfish and a yoyo loach

Eyrie
    Participant

I thought I knew a reasonable amount without knowing a lot until I joined SF. Now that I realise just how little I’m aware of, I’m here every day soaking up information.

Keep reading and keep posting, Martin – one of the great things about SF is how friendly and helpful everyone is.

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (JazzBora150 @ Jan 8 2011, 03:00 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    ill be really honest here

i get the feeling i dont belong in this forum because i dont know anything
    about this section of fish keeping
    i feel real awkward because of the fact i know very little if really nothing at all
    and feel that i will back off untill i know a hell of a lot more than i do now
    ive been overwhelmed by the knowlegde of everyone ive chatted to
    and appreciate all their comments but untill ive learnt enough ill be invisible
    i wont delete my account nor wish you to do also

im just not ready

im not going to do anything more to my tank untill i fully understand this setion of fishkeeping

many thanks to you all

martin

You know Martin there aree some very knowledgable fishkeepers on here that will have forgotten more than I’ll ever know. But I’m quite certain the one thing all of the uber knowledgable guys will have learnt is just how much more they still have to learn!!!

You can only gain knowledge through jumping in with both feet and playing around with fish tanks. Compared to some other fish forums, SF is frequented by a higher percentage of hard core fishkeepers. So why not make the most of their knowledge?

Others are full of teens who believe they know it all, but know very little. You’re missing an opportunity if you choose not to stick around.

JazzBora150
    Participant

believe me its not that im gonna leave im just not going to input on something i dont know about

ill stick to the side line and observe

i may pop a question in now and again and im very grateful for all the encouragment

thanks

martin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.