LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

600ltre Heated Tropical Fish Pond In England

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes 600ltre Heated Tropical Fish Pond In England

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lloyd
    Participant

im just about toi buy my own house and unfortunatly the garden isnt as big as i woulod like to be able to afford so it looks like i wont be having my dream monster pond, so im going to settle on a smaller more managable sized pond ideally with a glass side. i have done alot of research into the glass side and i am confident i can achieve that free of leaks, but im not to sure if i can keep it warm enough to keep subtropical species like certain snakeheads. has anybody got a heated pond or no how to keep a pond heated. all i can find are big koi heaters but i would like to keep mine warmer and ideally to be entirelly electrical.

any advice would be appreciated

Colin
    Participant

I overwintered my Channa auratimaculata at temperatures down to about 10C last year but more often at 14C. This was done in a shed.

In the UK – in the middle of winter (especially last two winters, not this one) – I wouldnt like to be paying the electricity bill to heat a pond to 10C!

600l isnt that big, its bascially a 6x2x2 tank, could you not fit one in the house?
    You could keep sub-trops in that and not need any heater at all.

cheers

Eyrie
    Participant

Main issue with a tank that size in the house is checking that the floorboards will take the weight.

Matt
    Keymaster

Slight aside but assuming you go ahead with this not sure Channa would be the best choice unless you’re able to keep the pond tightly-covered.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.