LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

A Few Rivulus Requests

Home Forums Ichthyology A Few Rivulus Requests

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stefan 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Stefan

Costa, W.J.E.M. 2007. Rivulus illuminatus, a new killifish from the serra dos Caiapós, upper rio Paraná basin, Brazil (Teleostei: Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, 18 (3): 193-198.

Costa, W.J.E.M. 2008. Rivulus giarettai, a new killifish from the Araguari River drainage, upper Paraná River basin, Brazil (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, 19 (1): 91-95.

Costa, W.J.E.M. 2007. Five new species of the aplocheiloid killifish genus Rivulus, subgenus Melanorivulus, from the middle Araguaia River basin, central Brazil (Teleostei: Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae). aqua International Journal of Ichthyology, 13 (2): 55-68.

Costa, W.J.E.M. 2007. A new species of Rivulus from the Claro river drainage, upper Paraná river basin, central Brazil, with redescription of R. pinima and R. vittatus (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, 18 (4): 313-323.

Costa, W. J. E. M. & Vono, V. 2009. Rivulus cearensis, a new aplocheiloid killifish from northeastern Brazil (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, 20 (1): 7-12.

Costa, W. J. E. M. 2010. Rivulus megaroni, a new killifish from the Xingu River drainage, southern Brazilian Amazon (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, 20 (4) [2009]: 365-370.

Costa, W.J.E.M. & Brasil, G.C. 2008. A New Pelvicless Killifish Species of the Genus Rivulus, Subgenus Melanorivulus (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae), from the Upper Tocantins River Basin, Central Brazil. Copeia, 2008 (1): 82-85.

Lasso-Alcalá, O. M., D. C. Taphorn, C. A. Lasso & O. León-Mata. 2006. Rivulus sape, a new species of killifish (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae) from the Paragua River system, Caroní River drainage, Guyana Shield, Venezuela. Zootaxa No. 1275: 21-29.

Costa, W. J. E. M. 2004. Rivulus uakti sp. n. and R. amanapira sp. n. (Teleostei: Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae): two new species from the upper Rio Negro, Brazilian Amazon. Zootaxa No. 465: 1-12.

Costa, W. J. E. M. 2007. Rivulus bororo and R. paresi, two new killifishes from the upper Paraguay River basin, Brazil (Teleostei: Rivulidae). Ichthyol. Explor. Freshwaters, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 351-357.

Added 29/04/2011:

Vermeulen, F. B. M. & I. J. H. Isbrücker. 2000. Rivulus torrenticola n. sp. (Actinopterygii: Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae), a new killifish from highlands in the Guyana Shield. Beaufortia v. 50 (no. 10): 185-190.

Costa, W.J.E.M. & Lazzarotto, H. 2008. Rivulus amanan, a new killifish from the Japurá river drainage, Amazonas river basin, Brazil (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, 19 (2): 129-134.

Costa, W.J.E.M. 2007. A new species of Rivulus from the Claro river drainage, upper Paraná river basin, central Brazil, with redescription of R. pinima and R. vittatus (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, 18 (4): 313-323.

Costa, W.J.E.M. 2008. Rivulus formosensis, a new aplocheiloid killifish from the upper Corrente River drainage, upper Paraná River basin, central Brazil (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, 19 (1): 85-90.

Keith, P., Nandrin, L. & Le Bail, P.Y. 2006. Rivulus gaucheri, a new species of rivuline (Cyprinodontiformes : Rivulidae) from French Guiana. Cybium, 30 (2): 133-137.

Costa, W.J.E.M. 2008. Rivulus jurubatibensis, a new aplocheiloid killifish from the southeastern Brazilian coastal plains (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, 19 (2): 135-140.

Costa, W.J.E.M. 2007. Rivulus kayabi, a new killifish from the Tapajós river basin, southern Brazilian Amazon (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, 18 (4): 345-350.

Costa, W.J.E.M. 2006. Rivulus kayapo n. sp. (Teleostei: Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae): a new killifish from the serra dos Caiapos, upper rio Araguaia basin, Brazil. Zootaxa, 1368: 49-56.

Costa, W.J.E.M. 2007. Rivulus lazzarotoi n. sp. (Teleostei: Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae), a new killifish from the Jurumirim River basin, southeastern Brazil. aqua International Journal of Ichthyology, 12 (3): 123-128.

Costa, W. J. E. M. 2003. Rivulus paracatuensis n. sp. (Cyprinodontiformes: Rivulidae): a new rivuline species from the Rio São Francisco basin, Brazil. Aqua, J. Ichthy. Aquat. Biol. v. 7 (no. 1): 39-43.

Costa, W.J.E.M. 2007. Rivulus bororo and R. paresi, two new killifishes from the upper Paraguay River basin, Brazil (Teleostei: Rivulidae). Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, 18 (4): 351-357.

Matt
    Keymaster

Good grief man, have you gone Rivulus mental?

Stefan

Just spiking an old childhood interest

Stefan

I’ve added a new reference, the last one.

Colin
    Participant

I can offer this if of interest?

The cyprinodont fish Rivulus (Aplocheiloidei: Rivulidae) in Trinidad and Tobago:
    molecular evidence for marine dispersal, genetic isolation and local differentiation
    M. J. Jowers1,2, B. L. Cohen1 and J. R. Downie2

Its from some friends at Glasgow Uni and specifically Rivulus hartii which was always one of my favourites to see when I was in Trinidad. I kept and bred them for several generations

Stefan

QUOTE (Colin @ Apr 28 2011, 01:48 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I can offer this if of interest?

The cyprinodont fish Rivulus (Aplocheiloidei: Rivulidae) in Trinidad and Tobago:
    molecular evidence for marine dispersal, genetic isolation and local differentiation
    M. J. Jowers1,2, B. L. Cohen1 and J. R. Downie2

Its from some friends at Glasgow Uni and specifically Rivulus hartii which was always one of my favourites to see when I was in Trinidad. I kept and bred them for several generations

Yes please! You collected them yourself then?

Matt
    Keymaster

Me too please!

Colin
    Participant

Yeah, collected them plus guppies, M picta, Cory aeneus, silver hatchets, M thoracata, H littorale and a few others, some knifefish as well comes to mind – oh and Polycentrus and Hoplias, Erythrinus too

quite a few nice fish in Trinidad

Stefan

QUOTE (Colin @ Apr 28 2011, 05:45 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah, collected them plus guppies, M picta, Cory aeneus, silver hatchets, M thoracata, H littorale and a few others, some knifefish as well comes to mind – oh and Polycentrus and Hoplias, Erythrinus too

quite a few nice fish in Trinidad

Sounds like fun? Were there already introduced Crenicichla back then?

Colin
    Participant

I’m sure that there is at least one native species?

The big introduced species over there is Tilapia! It was always nice to see a Tilapia lying dead with a Hoplias sized bite mark!

Stefan

Got the one in bold now too.

Stefan

Had to add a ‘few’ more

Matt
    Keymaster

I’m lost as to what we have and still need now! /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Stefan

QUOTE (Matt @ Apr 29 2011, 03:46 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I’m lost as to what we have and still need now! /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Everything we have is in bold. You removed one reference earlier didn’t you?

Matt
    Keymaster

Ah ok. Yeah I did.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.