LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

A Rare Wild Betta From Terengganu,malaysia

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes A Rare Wild Betta From Terengganu,malaysia

This topic contains 40 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Haji Badaruddin 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Got this beautiful and rare fish first week of July from Mr. Lum aka Tuckfai.Collected from a waterfall area in Ayer Puteh,Terengganu.

Betta stigmosa

The male which is about an inch TL.

The embrace

A false embrace

Egg tossing

dunc
    Keymaster

They’re just absolutely superb AGAIN Haji. Such attractive fish and such high quality photographs.

Matt
    Keymaster

Love that pic of the egg-tossing.

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Thanks guys /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

Haji they’re beautiful…guess its either impossible to get a pair or prices are too fancy

mickthefish
    Participant

are they in the group with edithae Haji?.
    fantastic pics btw.

mick

Graeme
    Participant

Superb!!

Matt
    Keymaster

I think it’s in the pugnax group Mick.

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Sep 6 2008, 01:00 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Haji they’re beautiful…guess its either impossible to get a pair or prices are too fancy

Hi Malti,

There s no price at the moment /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” /> And its not difficult to breed.They do well in cool water just like the taeniatas and macs < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

are they in the group with edithae Haji?.
    fantastic pics btw.

mick

Hi Mick,

As Matt said they are from the pugnax group.Thanks < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

Superb!! /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

QUOTE (Matt @ Sep 6 2008, 06:47 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I think it’s in the pugnax group Mick.

That is correct Matt /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

mickthefish
    Participant

Thanks Haji, i get confused with the betta groups.
    i should have known from that small extension in the caudal fin.
    have you ever mat alan brown, I know he was in borneo a few years back looking to collect Betta macrostoma.
    he does’nt live that far away from me, nice guy.

mick
    btw, he did’nt find any macrostoma.

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

QUOTE (mickthefish @ Sep 6 2008, 06:08 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thanks Haji, i get confused with the betta groups.
    i should have known from that small extension in the caudal fin.
    have you ever mat alan brown, I know he was in borneo a few years back looking to collect Betta macrostoma.
    he does’nt live that far away from me, nice guy.

mick
    btw, he did’nt find any macrostoma. /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” /> I wish i have ……. /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” /> .

Did they go to Marudi for the macs???If they are looking for it in Sibu …i think they went to the wrong place

mickthefish
    Participant

hi Haji, they went to the places that other collectors had said had caught them, that failed.
    so they asked the local people and again he couldn’t find any, so as a last resort he asked for permission of the people in Brunei but was refused, so that was the end but he really enjoyed his trip and the people he met.

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Hi Mick,

Wild macrostoma can only be found in Marudi,Malaysia side and Brunei.There has been unconfirmed reports of collection from the Niah side,Malaysia.Brunei has banned collection and export of their wild macs.I however disagree with some that says that you get the death penalty if proven guilty for this offence.The sultan is quiet civilized and not that extreme!!! /dry.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”<_ <" border="0" alt="dry.gif">

But knowing Mr and Mrs Brown,these are good people who are highly respected in the wild betta scene /happy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”^_^” border=”0″ alt=”happy.gif” />

Thanks.

mickthefish
    Participant

will do Haji.
    i knew he had got his name to the brownorum bud, he tells us every time he does a talk at the fish clubs i go to, his last talk at my local club was on the liquorice fish that your not keen on.
    he had some fantastic pics of loads of different species, thats when he brought my brownorums as i asked him to bring me a couple of pairs.

mick
    btw, his wifes the boss. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Mick,

As i said in the other forum,the biotope of the brownorum is being destroyed here as well.First there was overfishing …now the place is being developed for some project. /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” /> )I ve also collected some sundadanio axelrodi (both blue/greenish and red variants) from the place.Very beautiful fish mate. /cool.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”B)” border=”0″ alt=”cool.gif” /> I am setting up another tank next week just for these sundadanios.

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.