LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Adhesive

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Humunuku 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

ender2811
    Participant

Does anyone have an idea for an adhesive that is aquarium safe and that would work on rocks?
    Tried silicone but can’t get a good enough connection.

Eyrie
    Participant

I think the marine keepers sometimes use superglue when attaching fragged corals, but I’m not sure if that would work in fresh water.

BigTom
    Participant

Superglue should be fine, people use it a lot to fasten plants to wood/rock. Cures on contact with water.

ender2811
    Participant

Are we talking regular super/crazy glue?
    That might be a bit too liquid to get a decent contact going. I really need a good blob of something between the rocks cos I can’t get any significant surface areas to align.
    There’s a super glue gel, do u think that would work/be safe??

ender2811
    Participant

Also, do they really use it on plants??? Fake or real??

BigTom
    Participant

Yeah I’ve used it for fastening rhizominous plants like Java fern, Anubias and Bolbitis to wood, works really well. I think the gel form should be safe as well, might want to google that to make sure though.

ste12000

Marine fishkeepers use Milliput to connect rocks ect, its safe for aquarium use and a very handy product for fishkeepers. Im not sure if you can get it locally but im sure you will find internet suppliers willing to ship to you.

http://www.milliput.com/prod.htm

unissuh

What are you trying to stick together? Making a rock structure, or sticking things to rocks?

I’ve used superglue (gel works better), Araldite (let fully cure before submerging) and epoxy putties like Aqua Knead It before – which one depends on what I’m sticking together.

Colin
    Participant

I have used superglue a lot in tanks too, especially for frags of corals and as Ste said; milliput was also used for sticking bits of live rock together.

ender2811
    Participant

Thanks for the input guys.

@unissuh It’s for a rock structure. Do u mean a specific product by Araldite or just a 2 component epoxy resin? The interwebs say people use it as a synonym.

unissuh

The Araldite normal two part epoxy, not the funny specialized ones or other brands. Don’t know if other brands are just as safe, haven’t tried.

Humunuku
    Participant

Orca Underwater glue may be what you are lookinjg for.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.