LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Advice Needed Please.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Advice Needed Please.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

steve01

Hi All, Could you please tell me if I should turn the Air Bubbles off in my tank when I put it’s light out at night or should I just leave them on 24/7?, I have the air bubble curtain, It is a 200 litre tank (44 Gallon’s).

Thanks.

Steve.

dunc
    Keymaster

You can leave it on 24/7 Steve. If you have a problem with the noise, turn it off around 9pm and resume it around 9am – won’t make that big a difference.

Matt
    Keymaster

Steve, it’d be really useful to know what the tank is stocked with. Maybe you don’t need the air curtain at all.

steve01

QUOTE (Matt @ Oct 9 2008, 04:25 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Steve, it’d be really useful to know what the tank is stocked with. Maybe you don’t need the air curtain at all.

dunc
    Keymaster

It doesn’t necessarily “put more oxygen in to the water”, it just disrupts the surface of the water which allows for better gaseous exchange (oxygen and CO2) which can allow more dissolved oxygen in to the aquarium.

If you have a filter which disturbs the surface already, you’ll probably find your airstone isn’t making much of a difference.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.