LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Afternoon At El Pantà De Vallvidrera

Home Forums Field Trips & Conservation Afternoon At El Pantà De Vallvidrera

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Duffill 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Had an afternoon at this small, pretty lake the other day. It was formed by the damming of a minor river and was originally used for drinking water by the nearby village but is now a protected nature area. As well as the species pictured here it also has populations of European pond turtle Mauremys leprosa, fire salamander Salamandra salamandra and marbled newt Triturus marmoratus. Spotted a turtle when I was leaving but couldn’t get me camera organised quickly enough.

Rana perezi. You just would not believe how many of these there were here. Literally thousands. Each step you took around the perimeter of the lake resulted in 20 or 30 frogs leaping into the water. Really should have taken some video of this as it was quite something:

Cydnus species? Whatever it is it fell out of a tree on to my shirt and frightened the life out of me…

Pair of Crocothemis erythraea doing the good thing:

Sympetrum sp.?:

…and the one I was really pleased to find…Hyla meridionalis. First time seeing this species! Two different specimens here with slightly different colouring:

Attached files

geordie John
    Participant

WoW Matt,
    Just like Exibition Park Ay !
    I could enjoy a holiday there .Hope the carp keep on top of the P. clarkii before the amphibians start disapearing.Wouldnt mind a Fanta bottle full of Hyla sp. sending back LoL
    All the best,
    G.J.

mickthefish
    Participant

Matt, all i can say is WOW, great pics and the habitat is beautiful.
    no wonder you went over there. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

mzapater
    Participant

Matt, that´s the point where you should be able to see blue Hyla meridionalis

Matt
    Keymaster

Mmm VERY interesting Manuel! I was planning a small trip tomorrow but now you’ve said that I’m going back here instead. /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

wow that really is beautiful!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Excellent pics Matt

Author
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.