LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Agassizii Aggression…

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Agassizii Aggression…

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

Male has all but killed the female – she has no caudal fin at all. She was getting chased a bit yesterday but I’d adapted her caves and was hoping she’d find a refuge that he couldn’t follow her into – didn’t seem to work though, she’s not in a good way today.

I’ve removed him and given him his own temporary tank (put him in briefly with the Dicrossus, that was.. err.. interesting. Lots of liplocking!), so we’ll have to see how it turns out. Hope she survives

Matt
    Keymaster

Ahh dude that doesn’t sound good. Sounds like he’s ready to do the good thing again and she isn’t having any. I think there’s a couple more females in the shop you could try adding one or two more and see if that helps.

dunc
    Keymaster

I’m not sure I got the caves right. When they spawned the first time, her cave must’ve been perfect for her – he couldn’t fit in. After I removed him and looked at the eggs, I moved the cave slightly. When the eggs were gone and she was back to normal, I added him in again – and this time she didn’t have any refuge.

I think, if I get the caves right and put him back in when she’s fully healthy again, I might have better luck.

dunc
    Keymaster

Well today she’s out and about as normal – eating and breathing normally. I’m sure she’ll be fine; just needs some time to recover.

The male is in the 2ft sin bin atm

Adam
    Participant

Good news!!
    Yeah I would agree, if you get a space where the male cannot harass the female things should be fine once you re-introduce. I would make sure she has fully recovered first before though. You could possibly try adding more females (trio to quintet). They will still require a fuge though.

dunc
    Keymaster

Yeah, Matt suggested grabbing another female or two – to be honest though, if they’ve spawned once, I think they’ll spawn again (as a pair). I just need to make sure I get her hiding places right.

Matt
    Keymaster

Other possibility is stick your lone peacock goby in there to act as a further distraction.

dunc
    Keymaster

After the male aggy started giving the female a hiding, I moved him into the Peacock Goby tank – and he tried to make mincemeat of the Goby :/ Gave him a couple of rips in his fins and didn’t look like he was going to stop, so I moved him almost immediately.

Matt
    Keymaster

Well at least that proves the goby would’ve worked as a target fish bless it

dunc
    Keymaster

He’s far too pretty for that

dunc
    Keymaster

Hmm well the new male is extremely aggressive. She won’t come out from hiding at all – I’ve just seen her for the first time since I put him in; she shot out of her little cave and he chased after her straight away, in a really aggressive manner :/

Matt
    Keymaster

Could try separating them for a bit mate.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.