LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Air

Home Forums My Aquarium Air

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Colin 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ulosky

hi can anybody tell me if it is better for the air stone to be put under the live rock and bubble up throuh or air stone put at the back of the tank

Colin
    Participant

no, dont let it bubble up under the live rock as it can kill and beneficial organisms and the likes of sponges etc.

Have it so that it is not touching the rock

You should also “tumble” live rock in the tank water before its in it’s final resting place to allow any trapped bubbles to escape

cheers

ulosky

QUOTE (Colin @ Jan 28 2012, 12:09 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    no, dont let it bubble up under the live rock as it can kill and beneficial organisms and the likes of sponges etc.

Have it so that it is not touching the rock

You should also “tumble” live rock in the tank water before its in it’s final resting place to allow any trapped bubbles to escape

cheers

thanks very much colin, i did tumble the live rock befor putting into tank as you can see i am new to marine just as well there are no fish in yet thank you ulosky

Colin
    Participant

was the rock cured or is it raw live rock? You need to keep an eye on the water parameters during this time as the live rock can pull off some pretty nasty surprises depending on what is on it

Author
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.