LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Albino Bn Fry, Yeaaahh

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Albino Bn Fry, Yeaaahh

This topic contains 94 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  thelizzious 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Richy
    Participant

Male BN has been in the barnacle for over a week now and never noticed any eggs or fry in there, until now /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” /> I’m not sure how many more is in there but it’s the first time they’ve actually produced any.
    I think I might have to rehome my male CT to another tank as I don’t trust the grump git /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />
    Say hi to Mr & Mrs BN

Matt
    Keymaster

Good lad Richy! /unsure.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:unsure:” border=”0″ alt=”unsure.gif” />

Richy
    Participant

Cheers Matt, no i’ve spawned others aswell /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” /> I just counted 9 and i’m sure there’s more hiding but i can’t see round corners and Mr BN shot back in when he saw me with the torch lol I’m setting the growout tank up and might move the barnacle and him on the next spawn as i don’t want to disturb them on the first real run.
    I’ve lots of wood and plants so hopefully they’ll be ok for hiding.
    My freind hasn’t put his barnacle back in his tank as they wouldn’t stop breeding, he’s offloading well over 100 from 5 spawns.

keith565
    Participant

that’s great news. fingers crossed they will continue to spawn.
    i’ve got 300+ bristlenose fry now, both brown and albino,lol.

Richy
    Participant

cheers Keith, I think you need to extend your shed lol
    Spotted 20+ tonight and yoke sacks very small now so god knows how many more are in there. I didn’t have time to get the camera as he saw me spying /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Richy
    Participant

got a better look tonight, there’s alot more than I first thought. Think I’ll need a bigger growout tank!!

Malti
    Participant

thats good news Richy

geoffkemp
    Participant

Well done,

I`ve got a pair of Albeano Bns that have spawned. Forgot to water change them for a few weeks, though went to check on them last week, and got between 8 and 12 fry in there. I was planning on breeding them, though was going to condition them for longer once I sorted the snail problem in that tank. I guess they couldn`t wait that long.

The only other fish in there are some beckford pencil-fish.

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE(geoffkemp @ Jun 23 2008, 04:49 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Forgot to water change them for a few weeks

Good grief, how many tanks do you have?

geoffkemp
    Participant

Currently 5

Richy
    Participant

thanks Geoff, they are cool aint they /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />
    If your still short on time then i wouldn’t set more tanks up for now.
    I was going to strip 1 tank down and use the filter etc for the bigger tank as a growout but you know how it is, don’t want to strip it down so setting another tank up /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

I know you probably know this already but you really should try to do regular water changes Geoff. Well done with the spawn though!

geoffkemp
    Participant

As I said it was an oversight on my part, but if that oversight resulted in the fry, then maybe the aged water was a contributing factor

Matt
    Keymaster

I very much doubt that Geoff. If the tank isn´t a new one the water can already be considered “aged”. I suppose that captive-bred fish such as your albino Ancistrus are more tolerant of high nitrate levels than wild fish, but I must stress that water changes ARE very important. The growth of your fry might be inhibited otherwise, and it wouldn´t be good for the forum if I didn´t say that so please don´t be offended. Good luck with raising them.

Richy
    Participant

Been lovely weather here today, blue skies and lots of sunshine /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />
    I decided not to move the barnacle to a growout tank as it was the first spawn by them. I’m now starting to wonder if I did wrong

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.