LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Albino Bn Fry, Yeaaahh

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Albino Bn Fry, Yeaaahh

This topic contains 94 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  thelizzious 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

I wouldn´t be too trustful of the hoplos mate….I´ve had Corys munch Apistogramma fry before

Richy
    Participant

Hopefully they’ll do another run and i’ll remove the barnacle and male early on. Although I can’t see any I still think there’s some there in the plants and wood

mickthefish
    Participant

Richy as soon as you know they’ve spawned take the barnacle and the male out and hatch them in a small tank, thats the way iv’e always done it mate.

mick

Richy
    Participant

thanks Mick, I was going to but didn’t want to scare them off another run as it’s their first. I read that it’s best to move once they hatched with yolk, is this the stage you mean?

mickthefish
    Participant

no mate as soon as they’ve spawned ive moved the tube with the male and eggs in it, as long as it holds water they are fine.
    some timrs the male when fanning the eggs dislodges them ive taken them put them in a net fry holder and put a current of water near them the majority have always hatched.

mick

Richy
    Participant

I didn’t even know this was a real run until I saw the babies so it suprised me. Due to the positioning of the barnacle I couldn’t see inside properly in the hole they used. Done a large water change tonight, cleaned barnacle out in old water and put it back in similar place but turned slightly for my own viewing. They better use it again!! lol

Angelbecks
    Participant

well done Richy, I have previously, well 1 month ago had a longfin Ancistrus spawning which was out of the blue as hadn’t intentionally conditioned then and have ended up with 52 from first spawn but one of my Albino pairs regularly gives me 80+ fry each time /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” />

Richy
    Participant

Hi Becky, yes i did try cucumber but they didnt come out. The next day i couldn’t see any so something ate them /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />
    They haven’t done another run yet but I have the grow out tank ready for them next time. As soon as i see the male and eggs then they’re out!!
    Your longfin ansitrus look cool

Richy
    Participant

Yesterday the female barged in and out 2-3 times and the male is back in fanning. I can’t see any eggs but this was just the same as last time. Do you think i should just move them now anyway or try and see the eggs first? I’ve put some food in but he’s wary about coming out so I’m guessing there may be eggs? Should I chance it?

dunc
    Keymaster

If there’s no eggs.. what do you have to lose? A couple of days worth of spawning ritual when you disrupt them maybe.. no harm done really.

Richy
    Participant

Houston, we have a problem, lots of eggs but i can’t get the male, he’s buggered off grrrrrrrrr /angry.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:angry:” border=”0″ alt=”angry.gif” />

Richy
    Participant

got both eggs and Mr in growout tank now as he went back in the barnacle in origional tank but he’s not amused so I’ve turned the lights off new tank for a bit. He’s not in the barnacle but i guess he’ll get back in soon

Matt
    Keymaster

Hehe good luck Richy!

Malti
    Participant

gluck mate

Richy
    Participant

there is a large cluster of eggs inside and also 3-4 yellow stuck on the outside. He’s happily fanning away inside

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.