LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Amazing Aquascapes

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Amazing Aquascapes

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Thomas 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Mattzilla
    Participant

Matt
    Keymaster

Moved to lounge.

Stefan

How distastefully unrealistic (sorry)

Bojan Dolenc
    Participant

QUOTE (Stefan @ Aug 5 2011, 02:01 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    How distastefully unrealistic (sorry)

Eyrie
    Participant

Very well done, but I prefer a more natural look based around the fish.

Mattzilla
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Aug 5 2011, 09:30 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Moved to lounge.

how is this thread ‘off topic’??

dunc
    Keymaster

I guess it could go in “Aquascaping” too, though as it’s just a link and a discussion (rather than a question & answer style thread), it’s probably more appropriate in here /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

I’d also however have a huge self-contained ecosystem which I imagine to be the height of the house and the width of numerous rooms!

My problem with those tanks is indeed that they’re “unrealistic”. Not for the reason the others state – but that it’s unrealistic to think I could ever create something so beautiful and even less realistic to think I could ever maintain it

Graham Ramsay
    Participant

I think they have a certain aesthetic beauty for sure much like an immaculately trimmed lawn. They are perhaps more living sculptures than anything else.

Mattzilla
    Participant

QUOTE (mummymonkey @ Aug 6 2011, 06:01 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I think they have a certain aesthetic beauty for sure much like an immaculately trimmed lawn. They are perhaps more living sculptures than anything else.

yeah i tend to agree with that

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi yeah sorry was in a rush when I moved the thread and Dunc’s right, this should go in ‘Aquascaping’. /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Aug 6 2011, 09:47 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi yeah sorry was in a rush when I moved the thread and Dunc’s right, this should go in ‘Aquascaping’. /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

I agree with Matt, they are stunning but it really isnĀ“t fishkeeping is it? I find it hard to believe that any fish would thrive in these set ups, shrimp however.

Jarcave
    Participant

It’s not fishkeeping and they are unnatural. I much preffer something more realistic. But that said, I admire the aquascaping skill of their creators. And their vision too. Where do you start planning some of those tanks?

Jaguar
    Participant

They look amazing, just turning fish keeping into an artform. Fishkeeping and planted tanks are all about water quality, get that bit right for what ever you are keeping and you are halfway there.

I am with dunc.

Bluedave
    Participant

I like them and have treid to set up a few my self.

They are all Amano tanks and here’s the thing – number one they take a lot of looking after to maintain like that and number 2 – they don’t last long – he changes them frequently, those tanks are never set up for more than a few months before being changed to something else.

Amano’s best tanks are the more natural looking ones – he did a crackin’ Discus tank where all the plants were Ech. species but on a massive scale – it’s in his Nature Aqaurium World book one.

As for fishkeeping – it’s not really – it’s underwater gardening with some fish (the less fish the better as they only muck up the plants!!!).

Thomas
    Participant

I really love the moss tanks (e.g. no. 1 or 4), but with Pangio in it…

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.