LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Angling

Home Forums The Lounge Angling

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  becca11 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

Any of you boys or girls fish? If so, are you coarse, game or sea fisherman?

I do the odd bit of sea angling (Beach and boat) and fly fish for trout.

Anyone else?

mickthefish
    Participant

used to do alot of coarse fishing Jared, not been for a while now,.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Personally I don´t now, but used to a lot as a kid. We had a set of ponds just behind my house with some decent-sized carp, tench and thousands of gudgeon. My dad has been fishing since he was a nipper and is still out every weekend. He used to take us sea fishing for flatties to Glasson Dock and Arnside, also onto the Lancs canal for eel, ruffe, roach, perch etc. I blame him for everything actually as he also bought me my first tank!

Malti
    Participant

I mainly (that is a high percentage of the few times i went fishing) do sea beach fishing…wish i had more chance to go, and also wish to catch a good fish now and then

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Used to be my passion a few years back.

Bluedave
    Participant

Sea fishing all the way for me – wish I had more time for it. My Dad fishes almost everyday but then he only leaves six hundred yards from the sea – git!

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Haji Badaruddin @ Sep 4 2008, 03:17 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Used to be my passion a few years back.

nice fish Haji what is that?…and you’re the one with the fish right?

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

Yup me on the right mate ….. and its a long fin trevally.The fish was cooked steam with some plums and vegs …. Very nice!!!

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

I also catch shrimps from the sea …… very tasty and exotic.
    The nets used to catch these shrimps.Fishes of all sizes are also caught using this nets.
    The Shrimps …….Freshly caught shrimps taste better than the one that you buy from the shops or supermarket

Malti
    Participant

you making me hungry mate

Jarcave
    Participant

Me wetting a line in Kerala, India. Didn’t catch any Puntius denesonii or big Trevally though.

Still, how many people do you know can say they caught a barb on the fly? lol

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

That is a nice view ……Breathtaking sight /happy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”^_^” border=”0″ alt=”happy.gif” />

Jarcave
    Participant

Me too, but we were quite a distance away from Mahseer country.

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

QUOTE (Jarcave @ Sep 5 2008, 02:43 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Me too, but we were quite a distance away from Mahseer country. /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

We have our own version of mahseer here in Borneo the fish belongs to the tor family ie tor tambroides …. a few variants here …green,red and slightly purplish from kalimantan side.The taste is awesome.The best fish comes from Kapit region.You can order them in some of the 5star hotels for supper if they are in season.But its more like eating “gold” for supper.

Matt
    Keymaster

I really enjoyed Jeremy Wade´s “Jungle Hooks” series. The man is nuts but entertaining. Jared what a beautiful place to fish! Not a barb though mate, looks like a Barilius sp. to me…good fighter?

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.