LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Annamia Normani

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Annamia Normani

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  torso 2 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

torso
    Participant

for all friends of hillstream loaches: a rather rare species with wonderful gold-green markings. with 8-9.5 cm near to the maximum size

sometimes there are crippled specimen in a shipment. this one has an inborn double distortion of the spine.

Attached files

Plaamoo
    Participant

Beautiful Charles! Any chance these are tank bred? I wouldn’t think a deformed fish like that would survivr in the wild.

torso
    Participant

no tank bred specimen, Jim.
    the deformation seems not to be an obstacle to a normal life. at least the few specimen I got in the last years pseudogastromyzon fasciatus e.g.. this one seems to be very “happy” in the group.

Matt
    Keymaster

Does this species specifically tend towards areas of fastest flow in the aquarium or does it also enter quieter parts?

Great pics as always Charles!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Lovely pics Charles /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

torso
    Participant

yes. they are really reophilic. and very good observers. clever chaps.

Matt
    Keymaster

These pics have now been added to the profile. Thanks as always Charles!

torso
    Participant

un update with breeding news from Germany

http://my-fish.org/annamia-normani/#comment-7185

Looking forward to the AMAZONAS-issue.

Cheers Charles

Matt
    Keymaster

So there will be a follow-up article on this website or in Amazonas Charles?

torso
    Participant

Normal procedure would be, to give all infos on the website, Matt. That’s the the purpose of the site.  As he hasn’t even mentioned the “breeding” before I think, infos will be kept back for the issue to be first. I can understand, that the magazines like the “primeur” and authors like to be printed, but it is certainly disappointing for the website-team, which tries to keep up the idea of a breeding program.

Cheers Charles

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.