LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Another Gastro Id?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Another Gastro Id?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Plaamoo 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Plaamoo
    Participant

What do you think of this one? G. ocellatus? G. farragus?? It’s small, 1 1/4 in. Yellow in the dorsal, edges of caudal fin red. Just got it yesterday, better pics coming. Jim

Matt
    Keymaster

G. scitulus I think. Charles sent me some images of specimens with red distal markings in the caudal fin for the profile.

Plaamoo
    Participant

I think you’re right Matt. The stripes on the back half threw me. The pic of Mark’s fish looks similar. I really need to have a better look at the knowledge base. Thanks!

torso
    Participant

I guess it’s not ctenocephalus nor scitulus or zebrinus. would mean a new one. HHT schould see the pics.

Matt
    Keymaster

Charles if you know him can you send the pics please? He never replies to me.

Plaamoo
    Participant

Yes, please help yourself to the pics Charles. If you need larger files or better, let me know. The only tank I had available was this little, scratched, acrylic tank for xtra plants. Not condusive to good pics.

torso
    Participant

according to the comunication of HHT it’s a g scitulus or a variant of g ctenocephalus
    as always in these cases it’y very difficult to decide only by pictures.
    a very nice one in any case

Plaamoo
    Participant

Thanks much Charles!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.