LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Another Id From Terrible Pics.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Another Id From Terrible Pics.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Bully
    Participant

These fish came into my lfs with some live plants, apparently from a supplier called South Island in Sri Lanka. The largest is only 1cm, which means it’s almost impossible for me to take a decent shot

Attached files

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Not 100% sure but I would hazard a guess at Sundadanio maybe ?

Either that or some Danio/Rasbora fry that have come in as eggs ?

Bully
    Participant

S. axelrodi was my first instinct when I saw them. The staff member was happy for me to take all 5 home and grow them on (for free of course /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Bully
    Participant

I forgot to say in my original post that I mentioned these fish to Matt via PM a few days ago (before I had pics), and Matt suggested the possibility of them being
    Rasboroides vaterifloris

mickthefish
    Participant

there’s a possibily of them being D pathirana fry, Andy found some fry and grew them on, maybe he could shed some light on this fish.

mick

andy rushworth
    Participant

Its difficult with very small fishes ,Mick could have a good point ? Pathirani are Srilankan !

Bully
    Participant

I suppose I’ll just have to wait and see

Bully
    Participant

Just wanted to update this thread /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> The largest is now just over 2cm’s with a nice plump belly. They’ll be going back to the lfs just as soon as they get some other D. rerio in stock.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Ahhh its a shame they weren’t Pathirani :

Author
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.