LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Another Loach Spawned

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Another Loach Spawned

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Duffill 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

In August last year I bought a group of Acanthopsoides molobrion, the tank I put them into suffered some problems a couple of weeks after I got them and I lost 3 of the group, the remaining 3 fish were moved into a small Aqua One cube for a short period (which was the plan then) a month later another one died which left me with just the two adult fish, to say I was gutted was an understatement but these things happen /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” /> /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” /> )

This is one of the juveniles:

This is one of the adults:

As a reference for size you can see a white mark in the base of the tank before the anal fin of the juvenile which is just behind the pectoral fin of the adult.

Matt
    Keymaster

Way cool Mark!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Cheers Matt

keith565
    Participant

wow, isn’t that fab. way to go mate.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Cheers Keith

retro_gk
    Participant

Sweet!

Are the adults sexable other than by girth?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Thanks Rahul /blush.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blush:” border=”0″ alt=”blush.gif” /> I just got them into a different tank quickly, although saying that my tanks do tend to sit around 7 pretty much all of the time.

Thomas

Ok MD, I admit I’m a bit jealous, but /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

David Marshall
    Participant

Hey Mark

Well done.

Regards David

Plaamoo
    Participant

Are the splendidas next

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Thank you Thomas and David < {POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are the splendidas next /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Eyrie
    Participant

Congratulations!

Now that you know you’ve got a breeding pair, will you try again with them?

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Mark , If you look at the fish from above , perhaps the slimmer males have got longer pectoral fins ?

Its hard to class it as a spawning , i m o its an incidental spawning , youngsters appearing in the same tank as parents /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” /> keep up the maintenance regime !

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Jan 7 2010, 09:21 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Congratulations!

Now that you know you’ve got a breeding pair, will you try again with them?

The two adults that are left could well be both female,I will be trying to get some more soon and they will be given their own tank so hopefully it will happen again.

QUOTE (andy rushworth @ Jan 8 2010, 04:47 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Mark , If you look at the fish from above , perhaps the slimmer males have got longer pectoral fins ?

You could be right Andy, when I get some more or these youngsters grow on hopefully I will be able to say a definite yes or no

QUOTE (andy rushworth @ Jan 8 2010, 04:47 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Its hard to class it as a spawning , i m o its an incidental spawning , youngsters appearing in the same tank as parents /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” /> keep up the maintenance regime !

Yeah that is what I meant really in that another loach has spawned, it is only down to the fact that they have been left to it. When it comes to it I like you say I haven’t done anything apart from give them ideal conditions but they have still spawned (trust you to be awkward /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

andy rushworth
    Participant

Ha ha Mark, sorry to sound a bit churlish /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” /> funny side !

Keep up the good husbandry /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” />

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.