LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Another Loach Spawned

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Another Loach Spawned

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Duffill 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Mark can I ask what grade of gravel you used in the tank where they bred please?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jan 21 2010, 03:02 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Mark can I ask what grade of gravel you used in the tank where they bred please?

The biggest grains were around 2mm with sand mixed in, it is very fine. I have the same 2mm stuff mixed with a slightly larger grain of gravel in the sid tank and they don’t seem to be burying anywhere near as much.

Matt
    Keymaster

Thank you, will add it to the info in the profile.

Matt
    Keymaster

By the way, what happens if they can’t dig? Don’t they act more stressed?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jan 21 2010, 09:12 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    By the way, what happens if they can’t dig? Don’t they act more stressed?

No the 4 that are in the sid tank couldn’t be calmer to be honest, I thought when I put them in there that it would be the last time I saw them lol but they are out and about all the time and spend quite a bit of time at the front of the tank in among the small cobbles, if they do dig that is usually were they do it to as I have seen a couple of heads popping up a few times now.

They big Horsies that I have do seem very timid and stressed when they come up out of the gravel/sand but the dwarf dont seem to be that bothered.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.