LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

anubias

Home Forums My Aquarium anubias

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Catre 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

george
    Participant

I have a lot of anubias in my tank, but not enough wood to stick them all onto it. Currently, I have one floating around freely and doing fine, and another one planted in the substrate, which is also doing fine. I found a piece of rhizome (i believe it’s called rhizome) with roots growing from it but no leaves and I was wondering if leaves were going to come out of it or if I could just dump it.

The rhizome itself is barely 1cm long but the roots reach 6-7cm.

Anyone know?

KittyKat
    Participant

I’ve had leaves grow from pieces that small as long as they had a node on them. Anubias are valuable plants. If you don’t want any more, then why don’t you offer the piece for free to someone?

ShadowMac

You can also tie anubias to small stones. I use small lava rock that I purchased from a local garden supply store. A large bag was very inexpensive.

Catre
    Participant

@george said:
    I have a lot of anubias in my tank, but not enough wood to stick them all onto it. Currently, I have one floating around freely and doing fine, and another one planted in the substrate, which is also doing fine. I found a piece of rhizome (i believe it’s called rhizome) with roots growing from it but no leaves and I was wondering if leaves were going to come out of it or if I could just dump it.

The rhizome itself is barely 1cm long but the roots reach 6-7cm.

Anyone know?

Sell them on ebay!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.