LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Any Betta People On?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Any Betta People On?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bigbadbaz 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

Hello, I have a betta, my wife noticed some discolouration around his eye, his fins are all fine, he is eating well and looks ok generally, There is only this patch on his body. What should I try and treat with? Water changes are done once a week and all stats are fine.

Matt
    Keymaster

What kind of discolouration Baz? Light or dark?

Haji Badaruddin
    Participant

QUOTE (Bigbadbaz @ Oct 23 2008, 06:23 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hello, I have a betta, my wife noticed some discolouration around his eye, his fins are all fine, he is eating well and looks ok generally, There is only this patch on his body. What should I try and treat with? Water changes are done once a week and all stats are fine.

Hi Baz,

A photo would be helpful???

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

It is light discolouration, the betta is dark blue/black and it is like a very dark grey patch, will try and get a pic if he will stay still

Malti
    Participant

How old is he? is he scratching with the sides/plants?

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

Have had him in a jug tonight to have a closer look, could not get a good pic, looks like what could be scabs around his eye, a bit like what a cold sore looks like on a human, also the point where his fins meet his body has gone greyish black.
    Have watched him for half hour and he just lays on heater or free floats around tank.

Matt
    Keymaster

That doesn’t sound good mate. Without a pic it’s not easy to diagnose anything though. As Karlos (Malti) asked, how long have you had the fish?

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

About six months, now new tankmates for at least 3 months..
    Other half has just said the bristlenose in the tank has a pink spot on its back, have yet to see it, will keep you posted

keith565
    Participant

sounds like either a bacterial infection or general deterioration. but if the BN has a patch on him, i’d treat with an antibacterial such as melafix. all natural and won’t do any harm. see if that works. fingers crossed he does OK.

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

Will melafix tank now..

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

I have had another inspection, the bristlenose is fine, the mark on his back he has always had, the betta has the startings of the same marks on the other side of his face, will keep an eye on it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.