LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Any Breeding Experience With Pantodon Bucholzi

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Any Breeding Experience With Pantodon Bucholzi

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mickthefish 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mickthefish
    Participant

has anyone had a go at breeding this fish, i’ve tried a couple of times but with no success, mainly cos they found gaps in the lid and were away.
    but am very interested in anyone thats been successful in even getting eggs out of them.
    here’s a couple of pics of one of the pairs i used to have.
    female

male

cheers
    mick

Malti
    Participant

mick is that the same fish upside down reflecting? i’m sober and seeing double!

mickthefish
    Participant

yes mate, and you are sober.
    but i’ve had a few now. haha

mick

Mark Duffill
    Participant

They were lovely fish Mick.

I know of quite a few people who have tried spawning these fish in the past me included but have never heard of any success stories /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Nothing to report here either unfortunately. I had a group of 6 in a decent-sized tank in my bedroom at university. Aside from the occasional bit of chasing I never saw anything like what I’d call spawning behaviour. I did find that they hardly ever jump if the surface is covered in floating plants though.

pablito
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Sep 24 2008, 02:31 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Nothing to report here either unfortunately. I had a group of 6 in a decent-sized tank in my bedroom at university. Aside from the occasional bit of chasing I never saw anything like what I’d call spawning behaviour. I did find that they hardly ever jump if the surface is covered in floating plants though.

I do recall seeing a spawning report many moons ago. Nobody I knew. All I can remember is the that the eggs floated

Matt
    Keymaster

Mick in your pictures, would those wee livebearers be classed as “food items”?

mickthefish
    Participant

no Matt, you know as well as I that it’s illegal to do that mate.
    they were fry from some endlers i kept in the tank before the butterflies.
    /happy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”^_^” border=”0″ alt=”happy.gif” />

mick

Malti
    Participant

so…did u stand on your head to look at them as they’re upside down?

mickthefish
    Participant

certainly did mate.

Author
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.