LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Any Recent Updates?

Home Forums My Aquarium Any Recent Updates?

This topic contains 26 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

Thought I might put a thread up to see where people are at in terms of their current fishkeeping situations.

Do you have any recent acquisitions?

Behavioural changes?

Spawning encounters?

I’m currently considering moving my EBJDs on, and rearranging my daemon tank.

The former is mostly because I’m still seeing no growth improvement on the JDs and now the largest fish is really starting to dominate the tank. At feeding time especially the four smaller fish sit in the corners of the tank desperately trying to avoid his wrath. Not enjoyable to watch.

The latter is because I really want to have a go at breeding the daemon. I’m fairly convinced I have a pair now; I’d really like to give them the chance. I’ll look for some genuine black water tank mates – pencils maybe – move all of the non daemon out and gradually start lowering the pH over the space of a few months. I think I’ll redecorate their tank too, much more cover and realistic looking wood pieces, possibly split up in to a couple of different areas such as an open substrate area, a darkened overhanging area, a leaf litter area and some areas with a couple of rocks in.

If I had a bigger tank I’d keep them with some Apisto species too, see how that got on – but alas, I don’t /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Mark Duffill
    Participant

My second batch of Pseudogastromyzon cheni have spawned recently as have my Pangio oblonga and Pangio kuhli, I am in the process of setting up 6 new tanks in the shed for various loach specific breeding projects.

The work in the shed has halted at the moment because I am in the process of moving a few fish around to free up a tank for the impending first ever shipment of Yasuhikotakia splendida of whcih I have 6 or 8 reserved /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

Nice Mark! Where are the Y. splendida coming from if you don’t mind me asking?

How many tanks do you have going now?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

The splendida were caught by Kamphol that is all I know /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” /> )

dunc
    Keymaster

/sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” /> Saying that, having seen Matt’s “Nightmare Room”, I just wouldn’t be able to keep more than say 6 or 7 tanks at a time. The water changes alone would kill me!

Matt
    Keymaster

Not much to report here. Just the 3 plastic containers on the terrace at the moment with Cualac and Aphanius. I MAY be getting a group of Valencia hispanica this coming weekend if I’m lucky. I really miss the nightmare room… /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

Yeah I do too /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

oaken
    Participant

So whats the story on this “nightmare room”? /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

Matt had a room with 30-odd tanks. It was an incredible place to be for a fishkeeper but so much work, hence “The Nightmare Room”. That’s my nickname for it btw, not his

Eyrie
    Participant

Pleased to say that everything is ticking over nicely here.

About the only change is that the last of the Microrasboras have passed on and I’ll be using the room to increase the harlequin shoal.

30-odd tanks?

ndc
    Participant

just bought a 2nd hand rio 300, trying to a- get it into the alcove b- decide what to put in it.
    think im going to go for african ciclids but cant decide on either mbuna or tropheus

dunc
    Keymaster

(more Geos

Bluedave
    Participant

All tanks broken down and ready for the move

thelizzious

Nothing news here, I am still awaiting my move, therefore there is not much I can do but to keep my goldies and the tropics happy and healthy. The pondies are doing wonderful in their new enviroment so that is always good news. But for now that is all. Untill after the move.

Matt
    Keymaster

Dave where are you going to be living? I was born in Chorley and lived in Leyland for 20 years. /cool.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”B)” border=”0″ alt=”cool.gif” />

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.