LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Any Recent Updates?

Home Forums My Aquarium Any Recent Updates?

This topic contains 26 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Bluedave
    Participant

Hi Matt,

Looking at Lostock Hall as it’s kind of in the middle of my brother (Blackrod), my in-laws (Clifton) and my new job (Bury). It’s also right next to the motorway network so good for work (meetings etc) and getting to the football (which is the most important thing – now got a 25 minute drive down the M61 instead of a 4 hour slog from Kent – woo hoo!). Has absolutely outstanding schools as well (both primary and secondary) which was an important desicion as I’ve got three little gits….. I mean kids. The missus can walk to work in Walton le dale as well. Also, plenty of decent walking areas without having to go too far from home.

Not set in stone yet but it’s got everything going for it!! Anything more you can tell us about it would be appreciated.

Cheers for the LFS names – i’ll check them out when i’ve got time i.e. when i’m not driving back down to Kent on a weekend – which hopefully won’t be long as the house is almost sold (touch wood, cross fingers etc).

Matt
    Keymaster

Lostock Hall’s alright yeah; bit less rough than Leyland or Chorley (spit). My Grandma still lives in Farington which is right next to it. And yep there are plenty of nice places to go walking in easy reach, plus the Lake District of course.

Bluedave
    Participant

It’s one place on the list, lol

Reva
    Participant

I think my avatar may be changing to bosemani…I have hit a burnout point (after 8yrs of them) with my red new guinea rainbows, and may give them to a guy with a huge school after Matt saying that they dont do well in small numbers. I cant seem to find any adult females /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” /> the kids are age 8yrs, 6yrs, 4yrs

Can some of my profuse java ferns or anubias live in cold water?

I have finally taken some decent pics of my tanks with a friend’s camera and will be posting them soon…
    and uhhhh, remember guys, you forgive me, but, I rescued a baby parrot cichlid from a fate worse than death at the “fins” of a thug gang of skunk loaches in a bare tank…he’s a white one

Matt
    Keymaster

The plants should do ok if the house has central heating Reva although they won’t grow as fast.

keith565
    Participant

well, picked up a few different sulawesi snails, some A+ grade crystal red shrimps, got fry from my betta patotti after 2 years of trying, also got betta simplex fry and fry from my unknown wild bettas. plenty of other fry on the go, as well as first few fry from my limia tridens.
    not much else happening at the moment.

alanvass
    Participant

Hi All
    Thought i would add update to this topic. No new fish, but new spawnings over the last 10 days. Nannostomus Mortenthaleri Nannostomus Trifaciatus Nannostomus Harrisoni Corydoras Burgessi, and spawning at the moment Barbus Hulstaerti. I am also getting eggs from the extremely rare Trigonostigma Somphongsi,unfortunatly they are not hatching for some unknown reason. I will try hatching in different water next time they spawn. Alan

Reva
    Participant

Nice red shrimps Keith!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (alanvass @ May 19 2009, 08:43 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi All
    Thought i would add update to this topic. No new fish, but new spawnings over the last 10 days. Nannostomus Mortenthaleri Nannostomus Trifaciatus Nannostomus Harrisoni Corydoras Burgessi, and spawning at the moment Barbus Hulstaerti. I am also getting eggs from the extremely rare Trigonostigma Somphongsi,unfortunatly they are not hatching for some unknown reason. I will try hatching in different water next time they spawn. Alan

Keep up the good work Alan, that is an impressive list /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Nice to know that somphongsi are in the UK now.

alanvass
    Participant

Hi Matt
    Not so sure about that,I think that this might be the only pair in the UK. Hans Evers brought some over for me from Germany, unfortunatly they were dieing in the bag when he arrived. Only two survived and as luck would have it they were a pair. Alan

Matt
    Keymaster

Well in that case best of luck with them Alan.

Author
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.