LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Anyone Going To The Festival Of Fishkeeping At Hayling Island

Home Forums The Lounge Anyone Going To The Festival Of Fishkeeping At Hayling Island

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  keith565 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

keith565
    Participant

just wondering, would be great to see some of you guys there.

dunc
    Keymaster

When is it Keith?

I didn’t particularly enjoy the one Matt, Andrew and myself went to.. seemed to be represented by 95% “oldschool” fishkeepers. Didn’t feel overly welcome. Some of the fish on show were stunning in fairness, though there was an awful lot of Discus

Mark Duffill
    Participant

I was hoping to but with the adoption and everything we cant make to many plans.

Matt
    Keymaster

Seems to be a lot bigger this year? BCA are holding their auction there I think.

keith565
    Participant

it’s this weekend, it gets bigger and better every year. i’m sure it’s not the one you guys went to as this one is so friendly. lots of peeps from all over the world here. last year was fantastic. we had charlie grimes from the USA give us a talk on his love of livebearers plus many other talks.
    loads of discus there as they hold the annual international discus championships there along with the BKKA, GAGB, CAGB and many other societies.

Matt
    Keymaster

We went to the inaugral and second shows Keith. There were a lot less people and we were by far the youngest there. Plus the only group present in any great numbers seemed to be the discus lot. It was a bit weird. Sounds like things have really taken off now though, wish I could come.

dunc
    Keymaster

If it wasn’t so near I’d be tempted to come down.

Maybe we could get a SF group going for the next one? That’d be a laugh

Bluedave
    Participant

I took the boys last year – was pretty good.

probably won’t make it this weekend as the eldest has footy – played two, won two – his team can’t do without their left footed number 7! lol

keith565
    Participant

will take plenty of pictures.
    it really has taken off in a big way. loads more to see and do.
    we started going when it was held at bracklesham, not far from where it is now. but so much bigger and better. this year they have promised it will be the best so far.
    they also have a sales area where people can sell their excess stock, was only a dozen tanks last year but i hear there are around 40 this year.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.