LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Anywhere To Check Out In Newcastle?

Home Forums The Lounge Anywhere To Check Out In Newcastle?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bluedave 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Bluedave
    Participant

‘eh ‘up, I’ve got a site visit in Newcastle on friday and as i’ll probably only be there a couple of hours tops I wondered if there was any LFS worth checking out for an hour? The site visit is in Benwell if that helps, so anywhere between Preston and Benwell would be good (i’ll be up the M6 and across the A69).

Malti
    Participant

dunno about LFS mate, but I got a warning about newcastle…don’t drink the stuff at the bottom of their beer…its quite a laxative

Matt
    Keymaster

Mmm, Benwell. Tyne Valley Aquatics usually have some good stuff in but you’ll need to cross the river. Take the A68 off the A69 on the way into Newcastle then the A695.
    Google map.

Bluedave
    Participant

Cheers Matt – i’ll check that out.

Malti – know all about Newcastle and beer mate – best stag doo I ever went on was in Newcastle – did £650 in a weekend and had zero sleep- only just made it back to the airport to fly home! Missus not impressed!

Happy days…..

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Bluedave @ May 24 2010, 11:49 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Cheers Matt – i’ll check that out.

Malti – know all about Newcastle and beer mate – best stag doo I ever went on was in Newcastle – did £650 in a weekend and had zero sleep- only just made it back to the airport to fly home! Missus not impressed!

Happy days…..

/laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

thats some hardcore partying mate…reminds me of my young days

keith565
    Participant

hmm, you could try the little pet store in coatsworth road, gateshead. not been for a while but is a small danky shop who used to get some nice stuff in.
    also try fish alive in durham (dragonville ind est), not been since it was taken over but used to be good.
    then there is betta aquatics, behind shields road, byker, good for bread and butter. fab for plants, very good quality and prices. (or used to be)
    as u can tell, i’m not one for the shops.
    i know tyne valley had some nice tanganyikan killies in (still quite rare in the hobby i believe). but think they all sold.

Bluedave
    Participant

cheers keith lots of places to google!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.