LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Apistogramma sp. 'vielfleck'

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Apistogramma sp. 'vielfleck'

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ste12000

My female brought out her second spawning yesterday, a great big spawning at that..

If the Belo Monte Dam project across the Rio Xingu does see these fish made extinct or rare in the trade then it would certainly be a easy task to establish breeding stocks of this fish.. I already have around 300 of them!

Freeswimming today.

I love the male, hes matured into a stunning and colourful fish.
    [/quote]

Matt
    Keymaster

Nice fish Ste, but what on earth is that post about??

ste12000

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 9 2012, 08:50 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Nice fish Ste, but what on earth is that post about??

Matt
    Keymaster

That’s not what I was referring to…

ste12000

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 9 2012, 10:52 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    That’s not what I was referring to…

You lost me Matt???

Matt
    Keymaster

This thread looked different when I looked at it last night, but it’s fixed now so no matter. Good info you posted anyway.

ste12000

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 9 2012, 11:25 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    This thread looked different when I looked at it last night, but it’s fixed now so no matter. Good info you posted anyway. /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” /> Fixed and tidied up now as you had me paranoid that i was talking in a strange language that no one could understand!!

The general location is listed as lower Xingu in the Vicinity of the town of Victoria do Xingu, the species was first reported by Koslowski 2002 to have been collected by Lucanus in the Igarape Tucurui.. According to Google earth this is just down river from Belo Monte where i assume the dam is being constructed..I dont know quite what impact the Dam will have on A.sp’Vielfleck’ and hundreds of other fish from small jungle steams down stream from the Dam, i can only assume that the diverted flow will dry up the majority of these small creeks and streams that hold so many interesting species. Many like Apistogramma sp ‘vielfleck’ are not even scientifically described and im sure there are many more still awaiting discovery! Lost forever if the hype over the dam is to believed(and i do believe most of it!)

Matt
    Keymaster

From what I’ve read, some tributaries are supposed to be in danger of drying plus a substantial amount of forest is due to be flooded so others are likely to just be swallowed up. on this map is Vitória do Xingu and the bottom one more-or-less corresponds to the dam site.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.