LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Aplocheilichthys ?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Aplocheilichthys ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mickthefish
    Participant

here’s a pic of the fish i have,
    i think they could be macropthalmus but not 100% sure, is there any killi buffs to tell me for sure.

thanks
    mick

Matt
    Keymaster

Fins too long for macropthalmus? Or is it one of the ones that exist in several forms Mick? This is supposed to be macropthalmus:

Attached files

mickthefish
    Participant

the search will go on, i did get some macropthalmus of paul dixon a couple of year back and have the pics somewhere in this pc just gotta find where they are and compare them.
    i think not sure though that there are location variants .

mick
    ps looking at the fish in your pic it looks like a sub-adult male, easy as sin to breed i just reap the fry out to grow on.

mickthefish
    Participant

iv’e found it, it’s A. normani, they’re in my wifes tank but i take the fry out and rear them until theyre big enough to go back to Anne’s tank.

mick

Matt
    Keymaster

If that is normani it´s the best specimen I´ve ever seen!

Attached files

mickthefish
    Participant

yes most shops i go in they lump them all as lampeye’s but as you know you can get some very nice contaminants in these shipments.

mick

andy rushworth
    Participant

Care to name any contaminents you have seen thus far ?

Matt
    Keymaster

I tend to find that looking very closely into tanks containing a lot of small fish will often turn up something interesting. The last cool thing I picked up like this were some Gnathocharax steindachneri (see pic below) that were mixed in with some hatchet fish. Very interesting wee predatory characin with a massive gob and quite large teeth!

Attached files

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.