LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Aquarium Size Question

Home Forums Feedback, Suggestions and Support Aquarium Size Question

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Irwyn 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Irwyn
    Participant

Hi,

When viewing species profiles, the aquarium sizes are given in terms of base length x width (regardless of chosen units). Unfortunately, without having a height included it is rather difficult to determine how many gallons/liters/etc. is most appropriate for each species, as tanks come in all different shapes and sizes. For example, a base is given as needing to be a minimum of 24″x 12″; without a height, this could mean a 15 gal. aquarium (h=12″), a 20 gal. high (h=16″), or a 25 gal. (h=20″). The difference in the above example is only just a few gallons, but (depending upon the species), this can mean a huge difference in having not enough room vs. having the appropriate amount of room. My question is, will this ever be addressed/fixed? Also, will there ever be an option to view aquarium size in terms or liters/gallons? It seems that this would make tank planning considerably easier; and I doubt I’m the only person to utilize this site for that purpose.

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.