LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Aquariums

Home Forums The Lounge Aquariums

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Amy
    Participant

On the news page today Matt posted about Monterey Bay Aquarium.
    Has any one ever been to a decent aquarium (or even a really poor one exploris but it was years ago (no dunc, not last week

dunc
    Keymaster

I’ve been to three. One in Tynemouth (Blue Reef Aquarium), one in Fife (forget its name) and one in Singapore (near the man-made beach).

The most impressive was actually the one in Fife. Awesome location but even then the fish weren’t all that impressive. I did like the Red Belly Piranha tank though, those fish looked ANCIENT!

Matt
    Keymaster

I’ve been to loads

dunc
    Keymaster

Yeah I remember you telling me about that one Matt, sounds properly immense.

All of the aquariums I’ve been to have concentrated far too heavily on marine fishes and more specifically the “ooh bright coloured!” types. It’s a shame, tropical fish habitats can be so fascinating.

Matt
    Keymaster

Barcelona…

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Baltimore…

Attached files

Graeme
    Participant

Superb pictures!!

dunc
    Keymaster

That exhibit with the large Semaprochilodus in the middle looks right up my alley – the kind of thing which the few aquariums I’ve been to are really missing.

How much was entry to there then Matt? If you fancy paying you could send me over to do a report for the website?

Matt
    Keymaster

It was only $10 or something; but I think you’d be stopped at immigration given your past misdemeanours mate

Adam
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ Feb 7 2008, 05:23 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I’ve been to loads /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

What about this ???
    http://creativecentre.blogspot.com/2007/11…quarium-in.html

I have need been but would love to go

I met someone who told me it was awesome

Matt
    Keymaster

That looks amazing Adam

Attached files

dunc
    Keymaster

What was involved in the feeding of that exhibit, Matt? Any idea?

Looks f**king amazing

Matt
    Keymaster

Hehe it is amazing!!! I did ask about the feeding regime, and was told that the fish get a mixture of dried food plus frozen stuff including bloodworm, Daphnia, brine shrimp etc. The caiman are fed on frozen fish, as are the giant Amazonian turtles and the Anaconda (!). The monkeys get fruit and the other lizards and snakes in the terrestrial part are fed on crickets and other insects. I imagine the tetras and dwarf cichlids get a fairly steady source of micro-organisms on top of all that as there is a lot of wood and leaf litter in the display…

Adam
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ Feb 26 2008, 09:29 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    That looks amazing Adam

Matt
    Keymaster

Ok Adam, will do! My friend’s name is Helen George. I think her friend at the aquarium is called Dinusha; works in the education department I believe.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.