LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Aquascaping

Home Forums My Aquarium Aquascaping

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  george 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

george
    Participant

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could aquascape my 35x25x25 cm tank? I’d like it to be an asian biotope housing a scarlet badis and a few boraras brigittae, if possible.

I probably won’t have CO2, have poor lighting, and a slow water flow. The filtration will be pretty good though.

If you must, can you also help me re-thing its future stocking?

BigTom
    Participant

Hi George.

Not really a biotope given that the two species occur 1500 miles apart on different land masses and in fairly different water chemistry! Both are lovely fish and could probably coexist reasonably well but I guess you just need to think a bit about what you want to do with this tank. In any case, plenty of low tech plants should so the trick. A combo of java fern (there are various varieties available), bolbitis and hairgrass should all do OK and work well together in smallerĀ tanks.

TomĀ 

george
    Participant

True, they probably never see each other. But whatever. What do you mean, what I ‘want to do with the tank”? Breeding or just keeping them? If so, I just want to keep them. Are the plants you recommended easy to find? Do I need to include driftwood in the set-up?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.