LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Aquatics Live 2012

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Aquatics Live 2012

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Colin 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

Did any SF members attend this year?

It seemed a little larger than last year, with some very good stands and some excellent displays. What did everybody else think?

Matt
    Keymaster

Did you get any photos Jared?

magicseaweed
    Participant

Only got a couple of photo’s, but managed to get a video of Robo Snail, with a short chat with one of the creators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ngDu16wUA&

That’s so awesome! I wish I could have come!Cry What other kind of stuff did they have?

Matt
    Keymaster

Is that, as it appears to be, a robotic algae scraper? 😀

How did you find the show in general? Seen mixed reviews so far.

magicseaweed
    Participant

Yes yes it is, 

There was a lot of different exhibits some unexpected at a show meant to be advertising the aquatic ornamental trade, like the crocodiles and reptiles (although both very interesting and definitely crowd drawers).

Sen-eye were there and picked up the reef model for only 60gbp (very excited to get using it and testing the accuracy of the free ammonia readings).

There was also lots of l.e.d lighting being shown off, and plenty of nano tanks on every corner. Definite highlights were the talks from the explorers, and witnessing “robo snail”.

As a whole I rate the show thoroughly, shame the crowds didn’t seem to turn up although I did only go on the Saturday and things may well have picked up. 

Colin
    Participant

It seems that a few of the reports I have seen about the event were quite negative or at least it was not what people expected it to be . Sounds more like it was an advertising publicity event showcasing products rather than anything else.

Obviously I didn’t go, so cannot comment directly, but as someone who has travelled thousands of miles for fish related presentations, collections and sales there was absolutely nothing there to entice me to go. Yes, crocodilians are cool but are they relevant? For example, it’s still only November 2012 and for 2013 I am already booked in to visit Germany in April, again in June and a few events South of the Border :)  

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.