LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Are These Fish Compatible With Bleeding Heart Tetras?

Home Forums My Aquarium Are These Fish Compatible With Bleeding Heart Tetras?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Canadian Fish 6 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Canadian Fish
    Participant

I was wondering if the following fish are compatible, and if I can stock them in a 35 gallon tank (36″x12.5″x18″)

7 Bleeding Heart Tetras
    1 Pearl Gourami
    7 Harlequin Rasboras
    5 Zebra Loaches (Botia striata)

I like these because they vary in color and swimming level. I think they would fill out a tank nicely.

I am completely open to other ideas but I have to half the bleeding heart tetras, my wife has been asking for them since our first tank, and this is our third.

Thanks!

Colin
    Participant

I’d think they would all be okay together – The harlequins usually do much better in a low pH than the others will tolerate though… why not a pair of pearls? You can always have a go at breeding them in their own tank later?

Canadian Fish
    Participant

QUOTE (Colin @ Mar 30 2012, 03:18 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I’d think they would all be okay together – The harlequins usually do much better in a low pH than the others will tolerate though… why not a pair of pearls? You can always have a go at breeding them in their own tank later?

I ended up putting the zebra loaches in my 55 gallon tank.

I really like the idea of a pair of Pearls, but I’ve been told the Bleeding Hearts will harass them because they are fin nippers. Which makes them a pain to match up, but my wife is set on them.

Now I’m looking for a bottom dweller to go with them instead of the loaches.

I already have false julii cories and leopard cories in a 20 gallon tank. And I’m putting a Bristlenose Pleco in the 55 as well. I’m looking for something different for the 35 gallon.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.