LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Assassin Snails

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters Assassin Snails

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Bigbadbaz 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

Has anyone heard of these? A species of snail which kills other snails?

Jared

Eyrie
    Participant

Heard good things about them, though I don’t need them myself.

More information here.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

A hell of a lot of shops are getting them in now and by all accounts they are really good at getting rid of other snails.

Are you thinking about getting some Jared ?

Jarcave
    Participant

I’m thinking about it. I’ve been offered some, but wanted to learn more before I went ahead. Thanks for the replies.

coelacanth
    Participant

We have had our first little Boba Fetts in recent weeks.

ulster exile

I bought a couple of these a few weeks ago and haven’t noticed them much tbh, although I have been away.

They move faster than a MTS and are a bit bigger than the average MTS. So far I have seen them eating MTS but not any of the pest snails I have in that tank. I can’t say that I can see an awful lot of difference in the snail levels, but that’s not my major concern tbh.

Their markings are nice though – they do stand out.

Jarcave
    Participant

I’ve had a few now for a few days. They are quite quick for snails! If I throw a catfish pellet in the tank they seem to be on it very quickly.

I did introduce a couple of snails to see what happened. They were assassinated! Mine don’t seem to bury themselves as other reports seem to suggest they do.

geordie John
    Participant

Now then folks,
    Does anyone know any where in the North East where I can aquire some of these ! (or swap some Crystal red shrimp for them LoL )
    All the best,
    G.J.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Petmania in Billingham had loads in a couple of weeks back John.

geordie John
    Participant

QUOTE (Mad Duff @ Nov 1 2008, 10:59 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Petmania in Billingham had loads in a couple of weeks back John.

Cheers Mark,
    Hopefully I’ll get along there today.
    All the best,
    John

thelizzious

I could do with a few too. I am sick and tired of constantly fishing out snails and see them all over the tank again the next morning.

geordie John
    Participant

Cheers again Mark ,
    I got 5 and when I’d dropped them in (aclimatised them ! LoL ) I knocked some pest snails into their area within a minute one was being eaten as a shrimp sat upon the assasins shell !
    must have been hungry, but I’m well chuffed with them , their a bit of ‘extra’ to the Cherry shrimp tank unfortunately I dont think theyd tollerate the lower ph in the other tanks.
    All the best,
    John

Bigbadbaz
    Participant

I got 3 on wed, have already started to see desolate shells around the tank…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.