LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Atyopsis Moluccensis Breeding

Home Forums Invertebrates & Other Critters Atyopsis Moluccensis Breeding

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Richy 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Richy
    Participant

Common names, bamboo fan shrimp, wood shrimp and many more.
    I’ve noticed 1 of mine is berried up and I was wondering if anyone here knows or knows of some articles about breeding them. I know it’s supposed to be very hard and rarley succesful in the home aquaria.
    I know how to keep Atyopsis moluccensis but I guess the main questions are
    What salinity should I aim for, how fast should it be raised and decreased and over what sort of time period?
    Anyone know? /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

EDIT* adding photo of the shrimp

keith565
    Participant

wow, lets hope they survive.
    to be honest, i know nothing of these shrimps.
    best thing i can suggest and i’m pretty sure you have already done so, is to do a google search.
    i’d be interested to see what you find out. good luck with them.

Malti
    Participant

they look great mate

Matt
    Keymaster

Sorry Richy, no idea either. Do the larvae require a marine stage then?

Edit – cool pic you can really see the “berries” clearly!

Richy
    Participant

thanks for the replies, yes the larvae requires some kind of brackish/marine setup but as to what strength I’m not sure of.
    Keith, I can’t see any surviving unless I setup a special system to try it out.
    I’m wondering if it’s a similar process as with Amano shrimps? Not that I’ve tried them either btw.
    I only asked as I’ve never notice the females berried up before.

Setup scenario;
    Tank with pebbled base
    Filtration, either internal/external mainly fine-med sponges and NO floss. Cover the intake with matting/fine sponge in the hope the young don’t get sucked in. Have a spraybar low/mid facing along the length of the tank for stream effect like a riverbed and a lump of wood in?
    Food, apart from the natural water column I also have frozen cyclops and frozen DT’s oyster eggs which I used for my “seafan/gorgonian” marine setup /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.