LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Austrofundulus rupununi

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Austrofundulus rupununi

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  hachge 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

hachge
    Participant

IMG_4026.JPGIMG_4000.JPGIMG_4002bis.jpgIMG_4017.JPGIMG_4021bis.JPGA very seldom seen fish ,an easy to breed killifish

Rüdiger
    Participant

I thinh they’re beatiful.

Unfortunately they seem to suffer the same fate as many Goodeids. Not spectacular enough, no popping colors, hence of no interest to most “aquarists”.

On the other hand, fishes like that are very hard to come by if you don’t belong to a number of specialized fish clubs.

Regards

R

hachge
    Participant

Just go and catch them:D:D

oaken
    Participant

Very nice Hachge. I saw some Austrofundulus guajira at the SKS convention in Denmark last year but I had to hold myself back from buying them due to lack of space. Austrofundulus are really cool fish though, I wish to keep them in the future.

Matt
    Keymaster

Yep, on my list to keep one day as well.

Great photos Herve, do you collect eggs on a daily basis with these?

hachge
    Participant

No as for all my SAA I collect eggs twice a month.Saa are nice fish to keep alone per tank which means you need 3 tanks per species,one for breeding pair,one for subadult and one per fry .The adventage they grow very fast but last  just more than one year generally 

hachge
    Participant

I watered yesterday a bag of more than 3 months and have fry swimming now.Hope to establish the strain in my tank.

Matt
    Keymaster

Do you wet these more than once Henri?

oaken
    Participant

Nice. Btw what strain is this? Is it the from the collection Jacques Laird made last year?

hachge
    Participant

Yes these are the fish Jacques collected last summer .I had some difficulties to keep the eggs and get fry after more than 6 months.First hatch  ranking from 6 weeks to 8months.Some eggs still there but blocked in 1rst diapause.

I use to water the eggs every 15 days untill I can’t find eggs in the substrat.This time it is coco peat ,it is neutral.This fish and the eggs do not like acidic conditions:pH 6.5 to 7.5 is very good for the genus.I have no more basic peat and can’t find any in France.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.