LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Baby Platy

Home Forums My Aquarium Baby Platy

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sofia 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sofia

During last week I saw a small orange fish swim past and thought it was a hallucination. This morning my boyfriend fed the fish and he came upstairs all excited telling me that there was a baby fish. It must be a platy. /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

/wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Sofia

Looking after them well sounds good. I love them all to bits. The little one is getting more comfortable now and actually swims around the bogwood, so he (I think it is a she though judging by the fin, but I only saw it for a short period) is clearly visible at times. It has the same colour as the females, so (I think Keith said) it seems to be a gold platy

Sofia

I am a bit worried about my pregnant platies.

They both clearly show tiny black dots in their abdomens, but still haven’t given birth. It’s been ages now and i am worried about them. They are twice as big as the male is!

Any ideas? I have been adding more plants to provide hiding spots

keith565
    Participant

they will drop when they feel ready, the average is 30 days, but many take longer. good you are adding more plants. it’s a waiting game i’m afraid.

Sofia

That’s ok then. Just don’t want her to explode!

Author
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.