LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Badis ferrarisi Kullander & Britz, 2002

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Badis ferrarisi Kullander & Britz, 2002

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

These have settled in nicely though the subdominant male rarely comes out of hiding. Will start compiling some observations in this thread but for now here’s a short video of them. There’s no heater in the tank so not expecting any breeding activity for a while yet.

Colin
    Participant

looking good

oaken
    Participant

Nice video!

Stefan

Nice to see them thriving!

Matt
    Keymaster

Cheers guys. More to follow later hopefully, and thanks of course to Stefan for sending them to me!

Stefan

You are welcome Matt, I know that they are in good hands.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Very nice !

Matt
    Keymaster

Recently added an extra powerhead which the fish really seem to appreciate and one side effect of which has been them resting at odd angles right in the fastest part of the flow.

Apologies for the slightly weird-looking shots but I had to stick the camera down the side of the tank and couldn’t really see what I was doing.

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Few new pics, you can just about see the male’s chompers on the second one. Yes the glass is full of algae and no it’s not getting cleaned; the Gastromyzon love it, so these are the best I can do. :-p

Badis-web-1.JPGBadis-web-2.JPGBadis-web-3.JPGBadis-web-4.JPGGastro-1.JPG

oaken
    Participant

Nice. Any spawning activity?

Matt
    Keymaster

The females are constantly showing off to one another but the male doesn’t seem interested.:cry: Stefan tells me these only spawn once a year and I may have already missed the boat, but am still hoping the warmer weather gets them going…

oaken
    Participant

What time of the year do they spawn?

Stefan

I didn’t say they spawn once a year. I did say they spawn between Nov – Jan and maybe Feb – at least for me they always did 🙂

I assume you have flower pots or whatever in now? If not; go do that 🙂 Good luck!

Matt
    Keymaster

Ah, is that what you said?:D

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.