LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Badis Juergenschmidti, New Species (badis Sp. East Myanmar)

Home Forums Ichthyology Badis Juergenschmidti, New Species (badis Sp. East Myanmar)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stefan 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Stefan

Matt
    Keymaster

Now that’s a beauty! /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Kind of reminiscent of B. sp. ‘Buxar’. Do you know if that ‘species’ is also being worked on?

Stefan

QUOTE (Matt @ Dec 15 2010, 05:24 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Kind of reminiscent of B. sp. ‘Buxar’. Do you know if that ‘species’ is also being worked on?

Trust me; it’s nothing like Buxar, nowhere near it /ph34r.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:ph34r:” border=”0″ alt=”ph34r.gif” />

Colin
    Participant

i cant get past page 2 on the document and get a continual “loading” message… have you got the actual pdf?

Matt
    Keymaster

Hmm I can’t save the document to send you Colin. Seems the journal have changed the way pdfs are placed online this issue?

Stefan I didn’t mean it’s the same fish or even close, just looks a little bit like it with those red-centred scales plus the dorsal fin patterning is vaguely similar.

Colin
    Participant

So these are the Badids I have as “East Myanmar” from Horst?

Thanks Matt, I’ll try again later

Stefan

QUOTE (Colin @ Dec 15 2010, 08:42 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    So these are the Badids I have as “East Myanmar” from Horst?

Thanks Matt, I’ll try again later

Stefan

QUOTE (Matt @ Dec 15 2010, 08:08 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Stefan I didn’t mean it’s the same fish or even close, just looks a little bit like it with those red-centred scales plus the dorsal fin patterning is vaguely similar. /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

I must add that you won’t see the fish being so red unless they’ve got eggs/fry. Their every day colouration will be on a pic in the knowledgebase (will submit a ‘red one’ later on) – once I wrote it

Colin
    Participant

yeah i still have ten of them as I gave some to Kev Webb when he was here last month… didnt want all the “eggs in one basket”.

yup…. mine = grey!

Stefan

QUOTE (Colin @ Dec 15 2010, 09:25 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    yeah i still have ten of them as I gave some to Kev Webb when he was here last month… didnt want all the “eggs in one basket”.

yup…. mine = grey!

Good for Kev! Saves me from bringing some with come April

Matt
    Keymaster

Have these already been bred in captivity then?

Stefan

QUOTE (Matt @ Dec 16 2010, 11:40 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Have these already been bred in captivity then?

Yes; Linke bred them, and maybe some of his friends also, and he gave me, Colin etc. F1. They grow sloooooooooow!

Colin
    Participant

no they dont!!!!

They grow slllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooow… never had fish grow so slowly as these Badis! Must have been July when I got them and lucky if they have grown 10mm and that’s not for the lack of them having good feeding

Stefan

QUOTE (Colin @ Dec 16 2010, 08:00 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    no they dont!!!!

I don’t follow…

QUOTE (Colin @ Dec 16 2010, 08:00 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    They grow slllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooow… never had fish grow so slowly as these Badis! Must have been July when I got them and lucky if they have grown 10mm and that’s not for the lack of them having good feeding

Welcome to badids… When you’re used to Betta and other fish you’ll indeed find Badis to be slow growers. /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.