LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Badis sp. Wahumiam River = B. tuivaiei Vishwanath Shanta, 2004

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Badis sp. Wahumiam River = B. tuivaiei Vishwanath Shanta, 2004

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stefan 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Stefan

A while ago the WR fish were under examination and subsequently it was concluded they represent the already known taxon of Badis tuivaiei in morphometrics, meristics, biogeography and so on. Not be followed by a scientific publication and allowing me to post this message.

The new photos in a thread started today on Petfrd are interesting in terms of displaying the same fish as my WR population. So…case closed.

– Incidentally, it’s funny how I’ve been chasing tuivaiei in order to obtain them while all I had to was open 2 doors, walk for 7 seconds and enjoy a tank full of them. Now that’s irony

Matt
    Keymaster

Cool Stefan, looks like I need to edit the sp. ‘WR’ profile.

We might as well post the link to the Petfrd thread now too. Prefer not to have my chest shot out by angry, gun-wielding Dutchmen anyway.

Stefan

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 28 2011, 10:58 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Cool Stefan, looks like I need to edit the sp. ‘WR’ profile.

We might as well post the link to the Petfrd thread now too. Prefer not to have my chest shot out by angry, gun-wielding Dutchmen anyway.

Colin
    Participant

so sensitive, aren’t they Matt

Stefan

There will be a publication for the IGL, AAGB, BN and a not yet to name commercial magazine. It’ll be written by the two people who examined the fish.

Matt
    Keymaster

What’s the BN?

Stefan

Betta News

Matt
    Keymaster

Stefan

Can’t agree with this comment of the 2nd pic: “This species is similar in appearance to several others in the genus.” It’s quite distinct actually.

Matt
    Keymaster

You don’t think that someone who knows nothing about Badis might confuse it with B. badis Stefan?

Are there any differences obvious to the naked eye beyond the meristics given in the description?

Stefan

Somone who doesn’t know about Badis, or Danio or Rasbora, or etc. for that matter, will yeah; but that pretty much goes for everything

Matt
    Keymaster

Maybe it could be useful to have that information with more specific detail in the profile then if you’re prepared to divulge?

Stefan

QUOTE (Matt @ Mar 7 2011, 12:31 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Maybe it could be useful to have that information with more specific detail in the profile then if you’re prepared to divulge?
    Author
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.