LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

'barbus' Hulstaerti

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes 'barbus' Hulstaerti

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

oaken
    Participant

Bought a pair of these the other day and had the time to take some pictures today. Thought this one turned out pretty nice so I thought I would share it:

This male also has a pretty different pattern to most B. hulstaerti that I’ve seen.

andy rushworth
    Participant

Very nice looking

Matt
    Keymaster

What an oddly-marked male. Cool!

oaken
    Participant

Yeah Matt. 25 litre tank of their own, so hopefully should be able to get some fry. From what I’ve heard they dont eat their own fry.

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

Gustav do you know Bengt, he often hang around in Jannes store. He bred quite a few of these without much trouble. But then again he has the magic touch when it comes to breeding. I don´t know how many Betta brownorum he managed to raise on frozen food while my pair were spoiled rotten with live food and all they did was sulk.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Lovely fish, good luck with the breeding

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Senor Bastardo @ Sep 16 2010, 10:36 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Gustav do you know Bengt, he often hang around in Jannes store. He bred quite a few of these without much trouble. But then again he has the magic touch when it comes to breeding. I don´t know how many Betta brownorum he managed to raise on frozen food while my pair were spoiled rotten with live food and all they did was sulk.

Yeah I’ve met him a few times. Also saw the youngsters he brought in the first time. Weird with the brownorum, I’ve never had a Betta (including brownorum) – fry or adult – that didn’t take frozen food.

On a side note I’m hoping the Glaser order goes through this week. If so I’m coming down to Stockholm on friday/saturday next week to give Jan some P. nagyi and pick up some Indostomus and what not.

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

Oh they did take frozen, but I spoiled them with live and he didn´t but he got the fry.

Then maybe we´ll meet I´m going past Jannes next weekend. Next week I´m also hoping that my Terranatos dolichopterus “Isla raton” comes. Beat that Gustav!

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Senor Bastardo @ Sep 17 2010, 06:14 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Oh they did take frozen, but I spoiled them with live and he didn´t but he got the fry.

Then maybe we´ll meet I´m going past Jannes next weekend. Next week I´m also hoping that my Terranatos dolichopterus “Isla raton” comes. Beat that Gustav!

Haha oh I see. I’ve bought eggs from Terranatos dolichopterus in the past, but they all disappeared. Very cool fish though.

Would be fun to meet. I haven’t heard anything from Jan if the Glaser order has been made or not though, will have to call him tomorrow.

Colin
    Participant

he he – spoilt bettas in my experience dont breed, dont give them all the food they want or they get fat and lazy and dont breed!

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

QUOTE (oaken @ Sep 17 2010, 06:49 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Haha oh I see. I’ve bought eggs from Terranatos dolichopterus in the past, but they all disappeared. Very cool fish though.

Would be fun to meet. I haven’t heard anything from Jan if the Glaser order has been made or not though, will have to call him tomorrow.

But these aren´t eggs, hopefully I got two pairs by the end of next week!

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (Senor Bastardo @ Sep 17 2010, 11:11 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    But these aren´t eggs, hopefully I got two pairs by the end of next week!

I’m guessing they’re from Sam aka Corycory?

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

Jupp!

oaken
    Participant

QUOTE (oaken @ Sep 17 2010, 08:49 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I haven’t heard anything from Jan if the Glaser order has been made or not though, will have to call him tomorrow.

Argh. No Indostomus for me. He got the Odontocharacidium aphanes though and I saw he had some nice Enneacampus ansorgii as well. Pretty cheap now as they’re Czech bred. They will be coming home with me instead of the Indostomus

Matt
    Keymaster

I hate you… dry.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.