LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Barombi Mbo Cichlids

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Barombi Mbo Cichlids

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

Do we have any keepers of Barombi Mbo cichlids, such as Myaka myaka? If so, what do you keep? What have you kept? And what were your experiences?

Thanks in advance
    JC

dunc
    Keymaster

Fairly sure nobody on here is currently keeping fishes from Lake Barombi, but Chester Zoo used to have a Lake Barombi exhibit if I remember correctly – including Myaka myaka.

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (dunc @ Jul 25 2008, 04:49 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Fairly sure nobody on here is currently keeping fishes from Lake Barombi, but Chester Zoo used to have a Lake Barombi exhibit if I remember correctly – including Myaka myaka.

They did. Thats the one species I’m toying with the idea of keeping. /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Have you seen Myaka on sale somewhere Jared? A nice killifish from the lake is Procatopus similis “Barombi”…

Attached files

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 25 2008, 08:07 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Have you seen Myaka on sale somewhere Jared? A nice killifish from the lake is Procatopus similis “Barombi”…

I have. Along with Stomatepia pindu and Pungu maclareni. I’m aware of their IUCN status and will stress these are not F0 fish. If they were I wouldn’t buy them. /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Jared I’ve done a bit of research and it seems that Myaka myaka hasn’t been exported for years. All the fish imported under that name have turned out to be one of the Sarotherodon from the lake. I’ve also managed to get hold of a couple of papers about the species found there. You want?

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 28 2008, 04:08 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Jared I’ve done a bit of research and it seems that Myaka myaka hasn’t been exported for years. All the fish imported under that name have turned out to be one of the Sarotherodon from the lake. I’ve also managed to get hold of a couple of papers about the species found there. You want?

Yes please. These are not FO fish mind. If you can PM me the details that would be great, I’ll show you who has them too.

Matt
    Keymaster

Jared the files are in PDF format. Either whack your email up in this thread or pm me if you’re not comfortable doing that. I realise we have a few unsavoury sorts on here…

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 28 2008, 07:57 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Jared the files are in PDF format. Either whack your email up in this thread or pm me if you’re not comfortable doing that. I realise we have a few unsavoury sorts on here…

coelacanth
    Participant

We have Barombis…(just as a teaser)

Jarcave
    Participant

A few pics would be a real tease….

Welcome to the forum by the way.

pablito
    Participant

QUOTE (coelacanth @ Jul 30 2008, 12:27 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    We have Barombis…(just as a teaser)

How about that hat!

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Paul mate any chance of a bigger pic?

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Aug 7 2008, 06:41 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Paul mate any chance of a bigger pic? /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

pablito
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Aug 7 2008, 08:01 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    yes please…that size they look like Carassius auratus

Attached files

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.