LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Beer

Home Forums The Lounge Beer

This topic contains 48 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Jarcave
    Participant

Well I confess I feel left out when talking about single malts. Whisky just isn’t my thing. Beer and Vino is though…..

mickthefish
    Participant

in one word Jared ANY.
    i’ve drank loads of ales now and come to the opinion, there’s no bad beers just some better than others.
    my two pints are both locally brewed, JWLees and Holts ales, mainly because my local isless than 5 min stagger there and back. /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

mick

owls_79
    Participant

Tennants extra

Matt
    Keymaster

Love Erdinger Weiss too. The restaurant I used to manage had it on tap. Rocket fuel though. I like a lot of the hoppy microbrewery stuff from the US as well. Current fave is the Voll Damm I posted in the other thread…top stuff and I´ll be sinking a few tonight cos I´m stressed (like I need a reason

Jarcave
    Participant

Thankfully theer’s a pub not too far from here with dunkel on tap. The bottled beer is OK, but it’s just not the same.

I quite like Goose Island IPA Matt. Thats a hoppy US brew worth trying, if you have’nt already?

Malti
    Participant

maltese beer mainly cisk lager, hopleaf, blue label, cisk export…

hate the piss edition of heineken/bud we get here…

and absolutely loved an ethiopian beer…a pint for about 0.35€ – 0.24€ if you return the bottle

Matt
    Keymaster

Goose Island is a cracker Jared!

geordie John
    Participant

LoL What ever Ciders on ‘Buy one Get one free’ LoL
    Its also one of your 5 a day being fruit juice !!
    All the best,
    G.John
    P.S. must agree I have good memories of Weisse Beer and Paterborn Pils ..slurrrrrrrrrp !

Bluedave
    Participant

Franziskaner weiss, dark and white as well as Erdinger. Schlosser alt from dusseldorf is very nice – i do like my German Beer (might have something to do with living there when i started drinking! lol).

Also like Leffe and Kriek beer. Peroni is nice and my fave at the min is Singha (tastes better sat on the beach in Phuket though).

Mick, good old Holt’s eh – not had a pint of that for a while, used to work in a Holts pub when I was a student – £1.09 a pint – oh yes, pmsl. I like Robinson’s as well – me Dad bought me a case back down a few weeks ago – all gone now though.

Jarcave
    Participant

Not really surprised how popular Erdinger is, it’s a damned good brew after all.

Even the supermarkets have cottoned on these days.

Anyone ever try Innis and Gunn (Oak aged scotish beer)?

Bluedave
    Participant

Yeah , not sure about that – it’s aged in whiskey barrels and so tastes like whiskey – can’t be doing with that beer should taste like beer – whiskey tastes like whiskey, lol

Jarcave
    Participant

QUOTE (Bluedave @ Aug 29 2008, 09:44 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yeah , not sure about that – it’s aged in whiskey barrels and so tastes like whiskey – can’t be doing with that beer should taste like beer – whiskey tastes like whiskey, lol

I love it. It has to be the smoomest beer known to man…

Not sure about the rum version they did though???

There is a new vanilla version, but I prefer the original. I think to be fair, Scotland is known for it’s scotch. Not it’s ale. Though the “heather ale company” produce some interesting bottles. Kelpie contains seawee and reminds me of dark chocolate and beer…. Grozet contains gooseberries hich is nicer than you’d think…..

owls_79
    Participant

Kelpie, err *shudders*

So the Dev cat has the dunkel on tap now?? I can’t even get the draught version over here

dunc
    Keymaster

Turkish Vole was ok actually! Efes Pilsner is disgusting.

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (dunc @ Sep 1 2008, 06:08 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Efes Pilsner is disgusting.

is that a beer? *green face*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.