LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Betta coccina 'Johor'

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Betta coccina 'Johor'

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

C.Way
    Participant

Manage to get a photo of it when it is sleeping:

Stefan

Nice fish! Did you collect it from Johor? What does ssp mean?

C.Way
    Participant

QUOTE (Stefan @ May 20 2011, 10:20 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Nice fish! Did you collect it from Johor? What does ssp mean?

some one from those “source” get it and said it is from Johor, came together with B. Persephone, that’s what I’m told, for ssp, kinda forgotten, but some how I saw people using it to label locality behind the species name

Stefan

Nice! Muar would be more likely(?) – 197km from Johor. I do know spp. which is plural for sp. where the former can represent named or unnamed species whereas the latter indicates undescribed species. But I’m sure that’s not what the collector meant.

Matt
    Keymaster

In this case I’m guessing it’s an abbreviation of ‘subspecies’, though the application isn’t really correct right?

Stefan

QUOTE (Matt @ May 23 2011, 08:48 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    In this case I’m guessing it’s an abbreviation of ‘subspecies’, though the application isn’t really correct right?

I think you’re right! But no, there are indeed no subspecies in the genus and the label doesn’t make sense then.

C.Way
    Participant

noted, thanks for the knowledge /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Done.

Author
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.